Senior Programme Lead
FCDO Commercial Contracts
Amref Health Africa UK is recruiting for a FCDO Senior Programme Lead to work within our Programmes team to provide excellent coordination of a new flagship FCDO commercial contract. Amref Health Africa is a sub-contractor to an FCDO commercial contract to implement a programme in four countries in sub-Saharan Africa as part of an Africa-led movement towards ending Female Genital Mutilation or Cutting (FGM/C).
Important within this role is the ability to coordinate multi-country programmes and teams, setting up processes and systems to ensure successful planning and implementation, and delivery against set Payment by Results deliverables (PBR). This will include facilitating, and advising on, the development of sound financial planning and reporting systems in-country as per PBR requirements.
If you have this skillset along with the ability to analyse complex information, including financial information and the confidence to challenge, engage and collaborate with senior stakeholders, this may be the role for you..
Senior Programme Lead Responsibilities:
• Advise and work with other Amref Health Africa UK departments on DFID/FCDO contract terms and implications for structuring budgets, milestones, and deliverables and reporting on these.
• Work with Head of Programmes and Finance colleagues to manage the programme budget, including reforecasting and managing cashflow.
• Set up processes and systems to ensure successful implementation and reporting on a monthly basis.
• Build the capacity of other Amref Health Africa staff—including country and regional teams - to maximise opportunities and manage risks of commercial contracts and develop robust pro-gramme management frameworks to meet contract requirements.
• Provide country, regional, and technical teams with guidance on DFID/FCDO policies, financial requirements (in terms of data inputting and reporting) and prepare standard language for re-ports to ensure alignment with contract terms and conditions.
• Work with country regional and technical teams to establish a robust M&E framework and an adaptation plan in response to COVID-19 challenges.
• Foster good relationships with the prime and other consortium partners.
• Provide regular updates on progress in developing the programme.
Senior Programme Lead Requirements:
Our ideal candidate will have proven International Development experience of working with DFID/FCO commercial contracts, with a strong understanding of commercial contracting and setting up Payment by Result (PBR) compliance frameworks.
The successful applicant will display a real passion for the work Amref Health Africa does. They will quickly come to understand and support Amref’s vision, voice, and values. They will thrive as part of a small, dynamic team, but enjoy working independently. The role requires travel within the UK, and occasionally (perhaps 1-3 times per year) to Amref offices in sub-Saharan Africa (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting).
About Amref Health Africa - UK:
Amref Health Africa is Africa’s leading health charity. We work with women and girls to secure the right to health and break the cycle of poverty. Headquartered in Nairobi, we are truly an African organisation, partnering with communities across the continent to create lasting change.
Location: Islington, London, N1 9PD, with some remote working possible
Job type: Part-time, three days per week for nine months. This nine-month contract will be covering the planning and negotiating stage with the possibility of moving on to the implementation/management phase.
Salary: £45,000 per annum, pro-rated
Benefits: Holiday allowance (25 pro-rated days + bank holidays + 3 additional days at Christmas). Time off in lieu (TOIL) for work outside of standard hours. Flexible working, with core hours of 10am - 4pm. We are currently aligned to the latest COVID-19 government guidance. Generous pension scheme. Season ticket loan. Cycle to work scheme.
Application deadline: 5th October
1st round interviews: 10th – 20th October (Virtual)
2nd round interviews: 25th – 30th October (Office based if circumstances allow)
Start date: 1st December 2020
You may have experience of the following: Senior Programme Lead, Programme Lead, Project Manager, Project Management, DFID, FCDO, Commercial Contracts, Contract Lead, Charity, Third Sector, Not For Profit, NFP etc.