Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy are looking to appoint an Accountant to join their South Wales based team. It is an exciting opportunity to join a growing firm offering accounting and financial consulting services to small and medium sized not for profit entities.
If successful you will be working alongside our team in South Wales, to provide accounting support to a broad spectrum of not for profit clients across the UK. Your tasks will include producing management and statutory clients for a number of clients, as well helping to manage independent examinations. You will be an enthusiastic and pro-active individual who loves being an integral part of a small and dedicated team, and have proven experience in supporting and supervising more junior staff.
You will be minimum professional stage ACA qualified, or Fundamentals stage ACCA qualified. We are an ICAEW training firm and will support you in completing your qualification. You will be reporting directly in to our Founding Director, and so this is a brilliant opportunity to learn from a sector specialist, and become an integral part of a fast growing firm with ambitions to be the best in its field.
Most importantly, you will have a proven track record either directly in or supporting the not for profit sector, and a desire to commit to working within the sector longer term.
If you think that you have the right skills and are interested in working for a firm specialising in Charity finance, we’d love to hear from you!
From £30,000 per annum FTE depending on experience
Cardiff, CF24 until April 2020 at which point we will be relocating to Barry, CF62 with travel to clients across the UK
Between 28 to 35 hours per week.
About the firm
Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy has been born from a desire to provide charities with an accounting option which has the specialist technical knowledge akin to that found within the charity teams of the top 20 accounting firms but with the personable and consistent working relationships found when partnering with smaller firms. At Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy, we see our clients as far more than just an important asset - they are part of the family.
Focusing on not-for-profit entities means that we understand the sector and any members of our team must have a similar focus. We believe this is essential to enable us to provide the high-level quality that all our clients deserve.
We are committed to our staff’s welfare and wider development, and have a real desire to feel like a family firm - our greatest asset is our staff and so we take great pride in ensuring that you feel supported and developed in both your career and wider life.
Our founder, Andy Nash is an ICAEW ACA qualified accountant with significant experience in the third sector, including senior positions at Christian Aid and Lessons for Life Foundation. He was a finalist at the Business Finance Awards 2016 and was named by Financial Director as one of the top 35 finance professionals under 35 in May 2016. He is also a committed Christian and this is an essential part of the vision of the firm.
- Producing high quality and informative management accounts for a mix of not for profit clients.
- Producing high quality and SORP compliant statutory accounts for a mix of not for profit clients.
- Providing wider book-keeping and payroll support where required.
- Provide support to clients on wider strategic area including forecasting and budgeting.
- Support clients with VAT and corporation tax returns where applicable, including Theatre Tax Relief and Orchestral Tax Relief claims.
- Lead independent examinations on clients, depending on experience.
- Supervise and mentor more junior staff within the office.
- Present management accounts and other reports to clients both via conference calling facilities and face to face.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, depending on experience, ensuring they are happy with the level of service that they are receiving from the firm.
- Other tasks as requested by the Founding Director.
Required - will be tested both via the application and interview
- Minimum professional stage ACA qualified, or Fundamentals stage ACCA qualified.
- Experience of working in or supporting the not for profit sector.
- Experience of producing SORP FRS 102 compliant statutory accounts.
- Experience of producing and presenting management accounts.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party to confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highly organised and a real ability to multitask.
- A good knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Able to travel to and work at different locations across the UK.
Desirable - may be tested both via the application and interview
- Good oral and written communication skills in Welsh.
- Experience of being on the board of not for profit organisation.
- Experience of working with cloud based accounting solutions such as Xero and Futrli.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.