Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy are looking to appoint a Personal Assistant/Team Administrative Assistant to join their South Wales based team. It is an exciting opportunity to join a growing firm offering accounting and financial consulting services to small and medium sized not for profit entities.
If successful you will be working alongside our Founding Director, providing PA support to him in his day to day job, as well as supporting the wider team with administrative duties. You will be an enthusiastic and pro-active individual who enjoys being an integral part of a small and dedicated team. You will thrive on bringing organisation to chaos(!) and will have a desire to make a real difference to our clients. Most importantly, you must be able to make an absolutely fabulous cup of coffee!
This is hybrid role and you will need to be happy working both as a Personal Assistant as well as a Team Administrative Assistant.
If you think that you have the right skills and are interested in working for a firm specialising in Charity finance, we’d love to hear from you!
From £20,000 per annum FTE depending on experience
Cardiff, CF24 until April 2020 at which point we will be relocating to Barry, CF62
Between 14 to 21 hours per week - flexibility over split - ideal for someone wanting to fit this round other commitments such as family.
About the firm
Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy has been born from a desire to provide charities with an accounting option which has the specialist technical knowledge akin to that found within the charity teams of the top 20 accounting firms but with the personable and consistent working relationships found when partnering with smaller firms. At Andy Nash Accounting & Consultancy, we see our clients as far more than just an important asset - they are part of the family.
Focusing on not-for-profit entities means that we understand the sector and any members of our team must have a similar focus. We believe this is essential to enable us to provide the high-level quality that all our clients deserve.
We are committed to our staff’s welfare and wider development, and have a real desire to feel like a family firm - our greatest asset is our staff and so we take great pride in ensuring that you feel supported and developed in both your career and wider life.
Our founder, Andy Nash is an ICAEW ACA qualified accountant with significant experience in the third sector, including senior positions at Christian Aid and Lessons for Life Foundation. He was a finalist at the Business Finance Awards 2016 and was named by Financial Director as one of the top 35 finance professionals under 35 in May 2016. He is also a committed Christian and this is an essential part of the vision of the firm.
- Acting as a first point of contact for clients and suppliers: taking care of correspondence and phone calls - handling initial enquiries as well as screening calls.
- Organising the Founding Director’s diary commitments including travel, transport and accommodation.
- Assisting the Founding Director in organising completion of important tasks and deadlines.
- Managing the day to day HR of the firm e.g. keeping an up to date record of staff holiday dates and sick days & maintaining up to date staff training and policy records.
- Typing, preparing reports, presentations and correspondence on behalf of the Founding Director.
- Managing and maintaining client databases and filing systems.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures and administrative systems.
- Liaising with other members of the team, suppliers and clients.
- Conducting adhoc research on behalf of the Founding Director.
- Preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes.
- Organising team events and conferences e.g. team away days.
Required - will be tested both via the application and interview
- At least two years experience in an administrative/personal assistant role.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party to confidential information.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highly organised and a real ability to multitask.
- The ability to be proactive and use your initiative.
- A good knowledge of MS Office packages.
- A desire to work in the not for profit sector.
Desirable - may be tested both via the application and interview
- Good oral and written communication skills in Welsh.
- Experience of working within a not for profit or finance organisation.
- HR support experience.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.