Animal Aid is one of the UK’s leading animal campaign groups and we are looking to recruit an experienced, senior professional to join our friendly team of 19 in Tonbridge, Kent. You will be responsible for the organisation’s human resources, finances, governing Council’s matters, general office operations and overseeing the online vegan shop.
Candidates should have a good knowledge of animal rights issues, our current campaigns. You must be committed to the objectives of the organisation and be in tune with Animal Aid’s ethical, vegan stance and outlook.
The General Manager is responsible for Animal Aid’s finances, personnel and recruitment, governing Council’s matters and office operations, plus overseeing the merchandise department, vegan online shop and deputising for the Director when necessary.
An excellent communicator, empathetic to staff and good at multi-tasking, you will require a comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting, office procedures and staff management to ensure the smooth running of the organisation in all administrative areas.
The General Manager will be required to work at our Tonbridge office in future, though in light of Covid-19, the role may initially involve home-working,
The main duties will include:
- Responsibility for staffing matters, including welfare, recruitment, contracts, job descriptions and annual leave.
- Taking charge of all financial matters, including monitoring bank accounts, tracking expenditure, HMRC, salary and pension payments..
- Analysing quarterly figures and annual accounts, plus producing reports and summaries on income and expenditure for the Council and Director.
- Liaising with the external accountants, auditors and bookkeeper on all financial issues and stocktaking.
- Responsibility for all matters relating to the governing Council, including compiling reports and papers and attending and organising meetings and the AGM.
- Line managing the Merchandise Department and Finance Officer. Liaising with the Head of Merchandise over updates, promotions, sales catalogue and new products.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of the office to include negotiating and renewing contracts, insurance, and ensuring health and safety issues are in accordance with current legislation.
- Deputising for the Director, as required.
Salary Scale £36-42,000
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role.
Animal Aid is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all candidates who have the required skills and experience, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, religion or belief and marital status.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.