Responsible for further building the organisation’s online audience and developing a meaningful dialogue with potential and existing supporters, the appointed Digital Marketing Manager is expected to demonstrate up-to-date digital knowledge and flair. They should demonstrate strong project management skills and a highly-developed ability to establish and maintain relationships.
By engaging our existing supporter, prospect and fan base – using effective and innovative digital marketing strategies – the successful candidate will take a data-driven approach. Working alongside the Executive Director, they will advise on, develop and implement a strategy to produce persuasive and personalised content. The Digital Marketing Manager will facilitate the expansion of Animal Equality’s network, generate additional funds and enable the charity to become closer than ever to achieving its core mission.
- Enhance our presence: Work within an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, to amplify Animal Equality’s important message. Support the consistency of messaging, both internally and externally, so as to boost Animal Equality’s brand awareness.
- Create tailored content: Through copywriting and editing, work closely with our Communications Department to tell the powerful story of farmed animals. Deliver engaging content, features and news for our website, social media, email campaigns and more, in turn drawing further support to our cause. Demonstrate the value of our work and enable Animal Equality to reach new and diverse audiences.
- Deliver innovative campaigns: Develop and manage novel marketing and digital fundraising campaigns with the goal of acquiring, renewing, engaging and retaining supporters.
- Devise and execute our digital strategy: From concept to implementation, data segmentation to reporting, play a key role in creating a strategy that encompasses email, social media, display, paid social, SEO, PPC and web. Enhance the user journey via Animal Equality’s digital channels.
- Coordinate the delivery of strategic multi-channel fundraising and marketing campaigns: Develop and manage email campaigns, landing pages, tools and graphics for online fundraising activities, including donation forms. Implement peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives and Giving Day campaigns, and identify and research potential advertising opportunities. Achieve key objectives at the lowest possible cost per result.
- Plan and manage events: Enable Animal Equality to achieve its core mission through fundraising and brand-focused events.
- Take ownership of the editorial calendar: Alongside our Communications Department, supervise the ongoing development of Animal Equality’s digital communications editorial calendar, as well as the creation, production and delivery of organisation-targeted email communication.
- Identify trends and improve performance: Using insights from existing data, measure, evaluate, analyse, test and refine current strategies and performance of digital campaigns. Enhance participation and revenue by optimising future marketing, content and design.
- Report, analyse and define objectives: Provide accurate and insightful digital income analytical reports. Plan and achieve annual objectives and key results/KPI measures. Manage budgets and deliver planned objectives on time.
- Manage web-based fundraising and marketing tools/platforms: Utilise key analytics tools and APIs, such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Individual Attributes Required:
- Superior interpersonal skills: present information to a wide range of audiences in a clear, persuasive and meaningful way. Work with colleagues across the Communications and Development Departments to achieve meaningful dialogue with members of the public, supporters and donors.
- Data-minded: with good knowledge of data pipelines and a passion for metrics-driven action, ensure actions taken are carefully considered and evidence-based.
- Strategic and agile: thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively with others using a range of tones and styles. Remain level-headed and resourceful, adapting to the situation at hand and problem-solving enthusiastically.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organised: work autonomously on multiple projects at any given time. Respond to competing deadlines and priorities in a busy work environment.
- Independent and proactive: with a driven and motivated attitude, embrace and take ownership of an extensive and varied workload.
- Team-player and cooperative: collaborate effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes.
- A minimum of five years of related work experience in direct response fundraising and marketing, preferably at a non-profit advocacy organisation.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies.
- Experience with building and maintaining donation forms, surveys, and other user engagement features, and running reports/interpreting audience analytics.
- Strong data analysis experience.
- Experience using A/B testing in advocacy, fundraising and/or marketing capacity.
- Social media fundraising strategy experience.
- Strong copywriter for fundraising emails.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed, to meet deadlines and manage workflow.
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle.
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality.
Salary and Benefits: Salary band £30,000 - £35,000, depending on experience. Benefits include flexible working hours and casual office environment. Please note that, during this current time of uncertainty, Animal Equality UK is adhering to Government guidelines and protecting staff is our priority. All team members are currently working remotely until advised otherwise by Animal Equality UK’s Executive Director.
Application Process: The deadline for applications is 5pm UK time on Thursday 11th June 2020. Initial informal telephone conversations will take place in June. The interview process comprises a three-stage interview and Skills Test. The appointment process will run throughout July 2020, with a view to Animal Equality UK making an offer to the successful candidate by August 2020.
Applications: For informal enquiries please email us or call our team. Applications should be submitted online via the Apply button.
Applications must comprise a full curriculum vitae, an accompanying cover letter, and answers to the following questions:
1) Why do you want to work for Animal Equality?
2) What will you bring to Animal Equality?
Animal Equality is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. We are especially keen to encourage applications from those currently under-represented in the movement including: black and minority ethnic people; people with disabilities; lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people; and women in senior positions. We are also proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable adjustments that individuals may require throughout the application process.
Animal Equality is a registered charity (England and Wales), no.1168309.