Animal Equality is an international organisation working with society, governments and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals. Animal Equality has offices in the United Kingdom, United States, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and India.
Animal Equality is seeking a detail-oriented individual with an ability to multi-task efficiently. A natural and creative problem-solver with a methodical approach, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our operational and accounting activities. Expected to oversee Animal Equality’s book-keeping, accounting and policy implementation, the appointee will be required to optimise operational efficiency and ensure charity, company and employment laws are adhered to. Completing all tasks accurately and to a high standard, the Operations Coordinator will handle important and sensitive matters with a composed, considered approach.
Primary responsibilities and duties
- Oversee internal policies: Conduct a regular review of existing processes, protocols and policies within the UK office and implement new ones where needed. Ensure all charity, company and employment laws are followed and file all required reports and returns in a timely manner.
- Optimise operational efficiency: Continuously support colleagues across departments to increase the effectiveness of the UK organisation’s day-to-day operations.
- Manage renewals: Renew Animal Equality’s office address, storage services and insurance coverage every year.
- Data retention and management: Work with the Technology and Development Manager to frequently monitor Animal Equality’s data retention to ensure that we comply with GDPR and other similar related privacy requirements.
- Manage internal book-keeping and accounting: Work with external financial and accounting services on all matters related to payroll, budgeting, revenue and expenses. Carry out regular bank reconciliations and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Produce financial reports: Compile monthly statements, reviewing expenses and budgets with the Executive Director on a regular basis.
- Organise team events: Plan team Away Days, quarterly objective reviews, and team training days.
- Act as an HR liaison: Work closely with the Executive Director and external advisor to support on HR-related matters. Coordinate recruitment processes, staff onboarding, and frequent salary benchmarking exercises.
- Other: Perform other related duties as necessary.
Individual attributes required
- Vigilant: Dependable, reliable and trustworthy, the Operations Coordinator is expected to have oversight of ever-changing laws and keep our policies and accounts up to date at all times.
- Detail-oriented and organised: With a keen eye for detail and an ability to multi-task, the successful candidate will work methodically and with precision to ensure that renewals, reports and accounts are submitted accurately and on time.
- Creative problem-solver: The appointee will be expected to work collaboratively with other colleagues to think outside of the box, find successful solutions to challenges, and advance the organisation’s operational efficacy at every opportunity.
- Level-headed: The Operations Coordinator will be expected to handle sensitive HR and accounting matters with a calm, collected approach, acting professionally and discreetly.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Experience with budgeting, Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting, including software such as QuickBooks or Xero.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment.
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to participate in the organisation’s culture of philanthropy.
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organisation.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 4th October 2021.