Central London (initially home based due to COVID-19)
If you are passionate about animal welfare and have a scientific background, this is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that’s making a life-saving difference to people and animals.
Animal Free Research UK is the leading charity working towards a world where human diseases are cured faster without animal suffering. By pioneering excellence, inspiring and supporting scientists and influencing change, we are improving medical research and putting an end to animal testing.
By 2040, we aim to transform medical research and regulation in the UK so that the development of treatments for human diseases can be entirely animal free and breakthroughs can be achieved faster.
We’re currently looking for a Science Officer to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £27,000 per annum
- Flexible/home working options
- Join a charity that places ethics at the heart of science
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral role in achieving our strategic goals. Your work will make a real difference and will help to accelerate the discovery and delivery of effective treatments for human diseases and bring an end to animal suffering.
Working as part of our Science and Public Affairs Team, you’ll have the chance to enhance your experience in a number of areas, from co-ordinating research to overcoming the scientific and legislative barriers to animal free research.
As a Science Officer, you will co-ordinate the high-quality research we fund and conduct desk-based scientific research to support the delivery of our vision.
Some of your duties will include:
- Engaging with our grant holders to deliver communications, updates and impact reports
- Gathering evidence for the use of non-animal technologies and methods
- Supporting our work to create an animal-free research career path to develop the next generation of animal-free scientists
- Working with the Science Team to deliver a science plan that supports best use of the charity’s scientific resources and grant funding
To join us as a Science Officer, you will need:
- An undergraduate degree, ideally higher, in a relevant scientific discipline
- Demonstrable scientific data gathering, discovery and analytical skills
- The ability to summarise complex scientific information into technical and layman’s terms
- Strong administrative skills, including fast and accurate data entry
- A high level of IT literacy, including proficiency in database software
- External stakeholder management skills
Experience of working in a grant funded organisation would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Scientific Researcher, Researcher, Scientific Research Officer, Scientific Research Co-ordinator, or Research Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 21st August 2020. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 18th September 2020.
Webrecruit and Animal Free Research UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Science Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.