Home based, UK or Europe
This is a critical support function to the Finance, HR and Administration team. It is a multi-faceted role with responsibilities for accountancy, in particular the management of the annual audits and accounts. Be the point of contact for HR and Administration functions. Working with our accounting firms, payroll firms in the respective countries, this role will lead on all of the audit processes for the UK, EU and Australian arms of the Foundation and will also provide support to the US and Hong Kong as and when necessary.
- Lead on the format and messaging of the global accounts and global annual review and ensure that we provide an accurate and transparent report.
- Lead on the UK, German, Italian, Luxembourg and Australian audits and work with relevant stakeholders to ensure they are completed accurately and on time each year. Point of contact between the finance team and external auditors to ensure queries are resolved throughout the audit process.
- Work with the gift processing teams, third party fulfilment houses and the Finance team to ensure all income and expense records are filed correctly to support annual audit processes and in line with charity/company regulations.
- Ensure accurate coding is in place across all financial systems.
- Monthly accountancy - perform or assist with the book-keeping for each market as required.
- Manage staff expenses including reimbursement.
- Point of contact for staff credit cards. Manage allocation and use.
- Manage global bank accounts. Responsibility for keeping signatories, users and authorisers/directors up to date and in line with internal policies and when there are staff changes. Provide financial info to the Finance team as required. Oversee the set up of new accounts as required.
- Ensure day-to-day banking is carried out in line with our Customer Service Charter.
- Manage monthly transfers between bank accounts, supplier accounts and merchant providers for all markets in liaison with Finance team located at headquarters. Obtain required approvals and ensure operational balances are in place.
- Carry out finance related reconciliations such as expenditure reconciliation, bank reconciliation and payment platform reconciliation.
- Point of contact & account manager for payment platforms and merchant accounts, keeping information up to date etc.
HR and Administration:
- Recruitment and retention, including labour engagement for UK, German, Italy, Luxembourg and Australia.
- Work with our Global HR team to ensure Training and Development, performance maintenance, employee relations are well maintain.
- Coordinate / arrange the European staff salaries, and other markets as required.
- Oversee supplier accounts/services & contract management: Keep records up to date, manage payments, maintain online accounts eg, office facilities and insurances. Management of global PO Boxes and international postal services. Ensure they are renewed in time.
- Manage all subscription requirements for the Supporter Engagement team (IT, sector, compliance etc).
- Management of staff mobile phone contracts.
- Control and monitor purchasing costs, including office.
- Manage UK petty cash.
- Manage the global fixed asset registers.
- Create and manage inventory of staff resources incl. IT equipment.
- Assist the budget preparation.
- Assist with the creation of performance reports and other (ad hoc) reports as required.
- Provide support for financial, HR processes as required.
- Design and maintain filing systems.
- Ensure that inter-department and inter-personal relationships are positive, cohesive, and contribute to the overall mission of AAF.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with management in regard to work procedures and employee relations.
Continuous Improvement and Misc.:
- Contribute to the on-going review, development and implementation of changes to improve the productivity and efficiency of AAF.
- Participate in staff training and performance and development appraisal process to assist in the achievement of AAF objectives and mission.
- Ensure procedure manuals are updated in line with changes.
To apply Please send CV’s with covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and why you should be considered for this role.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.