Volunteer Cornwall is a charity dedicated to building social capital and developing the wellbeing of individuals and communities across Cornwall. We do this by working in collaboration with a wide range of organisations to promote and support active citizenship and voluntary action covering the emotional, social, environmental and economic needs and opportunities in Cornwall. From our Head Office in Truro and our outreach teams across Cornwall, we provide support to all aspects of volunteering across the county. Volunteer Cornwall lives by 4 underpinning values which are: To be Creative, Caring Collaborative and Challenging.
Volunteer Cornwall’s new Accounts and Administration Manager is a critical role within our Senior Management Team, for the organisation and for the voluntary sector across the County. The successful candidate will work closely with managers and trustees across the organisation ensuring that resources are used to maximum effect, and that planning is undertaken in a robust and methodological manner. One of our main aims, and of particular importance, is to recruit a person who has values and ethics that fit with our principles and the work that we undertake. Working within the voluntary or charitable sector can be varied especially as charity accounting is not always straightforward and tasks do not always fit neatly within the job description. This role therefore requires flexibility, adaptability and a range of skills not always associated with a finance role.
To provide financial and administrative services to support Volunteer Cornwall’s strategic and operational activities. To be responsible for ensuring that the Board of Trustees and Directors follow legal requirements of a charity and a company limited by guarantee.
- To provide financial and administrative services to support VC’s strategic and operational activities, allowing operational managers and staff to concentrate on their front-line work. Ensuring full compliance with the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP), financial regulations including VAT partial exemption rules, PAYE and Pension Auto Enrolment and other statutory and Charity Commission or Companies House legislation or requirements
- To prepare the annual Directors’ Report and Financial Statements and all financial accounts for audit and present the report to the Board of Directors with the auditors
- To prepare the annual budget estimates and salary review in conjunction with the Chief Executive and Senior Managers
- To prepare monthly financial management reports for the Chair, Treasurer and Chief Executive
- Company Secretary; helping the Board of Directors in their decision-making processes and providing relevant support and advice where needed especially in ensuring that the requirements of the Charity Commission and Companies House are met and maintained
- Data Security and Protection Lead to ensure VC’s compliance with current data security, protection and implementation of the legislation
- Chairs the H&S Committee overseeing the health and safety of VC’s employees and volunteers
- With the IT Officer, ensure that all VC Information, Communication and Technology systems are maintained and up to date
- Supervise finance and administration team members and ensure that daily operations are performed in a seamless and efficient manner
At Volunteer Cornwall we pride ourselves on diversity and inclusion underpinning what we do and why we do it. These concepts encompass our attitudes as individuals and as an organisation.
- On-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership
- Closing date for applications Tuesday 14th July 2020 (midday)
- Interviews (Truro) Monday 27th July 2020
- START DATE: This post will become vacant due to retirement and will start in autumn 2020
How to Apply:
The full brief is attached. For an informal discussion about the role or the process, please contact our retained partner Anna Jay at Public Leaders Appointments - details in the attached brief.
If you would like to submit an application, this should comprise a comprehensive CV, including details of two referees. Please also provide a supporting statement (no more than 3 sides) outlining the reasons behind your application and describing how you meet the requirements of the role as set out in this document by using examples for each key task point in the person specification. Please tell us in a few sentences or a paragraph how your skills and experience match the requirements detailed for each key task point in the person specification.