Position: Receptionist/ Admin Assistant
Reports to: Assistant Office Manager
Working hours: 35 hours p/w
Annual salary: £17,290-£18,200 per annum
The Receptionist/ Admin Assistant is to act as a professional, efficient and welcoming first point of contact for all visitors and staff to the London Office. Undertaking ad hoc duties and administration for other departments where required in order to provide proactive and efficient support for the business.
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail;
- Answer phone enquires efficiently and politely, directing calls to appropriate departments/ external where appropriate. Also take messages and pass on to the relevant person on time.
- Greet visitors to the office in a welcoming manner, ensuring that their arrival is confirmed with the appropriate person.
- Answer client promptly and identify the visitor before allowing access to the building.
- Ensure that all mail is sorted/franked and collected on a daily basis.
- Manage deliveries promptly and ensure recipients are contacted quickly.
- Keep reception and back office area tidy at all times and ensure that all visitors sign in visitors book.
- Ensure all materials needed for meetings are available and that the meeting rooms are clean and tidy after each use.
- Check invoices against logs/delivery notes for couriers & stationery, code invoices prior to authorisation.
- Ensure head office seating plans are updated regularly in liaison with Central Administration department.
- Complete any administrative and typing duties as required.
- Ensure stationery cupboard is tidy and well stocked.
- Be co-operative when service users enter or leave through front door.
- Assist escort staff by opening and closing doors and assist as and when required.
- Maintain and communicate the rotas, taking minutes of various meeting as and when required. Ensure that reception is managed during lunch break.
- Assist with HR administration e.g. DBS checks, reference requests, updating employee file records and ensuring confidentiality of data.
- Assist with HR filing system updating manual and computerised files on timely basis in line GDPR regulations.
- To support Office management eg. Ordering of supplies, maintenance of utilities, maintain office database, spreadsheets, and office stationery.
- Assist as and when required towards building maintenance and office administrative tasks as directed by the line manager.
- To play an active part to maintain health and safety of the premise in line with policies and legislation, conduct fire drills, in particular, when Opportunity Zone learners arrive and depart the building by assisting other staff at the entrance.
- To check mailbox daily and pass the mails to admin team.
- Undertake any additional tasks as directed by the line manager and management.
(Essential skills and abilities):
- At least one-year experience of administration work
- Minimum GCSE level of education
- Numerate and good command of oral and written English
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively including answering telephone calls and queries
- Ability to use office equipment, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, printer etc.
- Excellent ability using Microsoft Office including, excel and the internet
- Proven ability to manage a diverse workload
- Ability to prioritise work and perform under pressure
- Ability to type minutes of meetings
- Ability to write clear correspondence
- Ability to maintain filing and book-keeping systems as well as office dairy
- Knowledge of the principles of equal opportunities and commitment to putting them into practice
- Ability to assist in the organisation of events and seminars
Please ensure the covering letter covers all the person specification of the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.