Apps for Good is an award-winning charity that is powering young people to change their world with technology. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve reached over 170,000 students in more than 1500 schools globally, helping young people learn to turn bright ideas into real technology products.
Apps for Good is supported by over a thousand technology and business professionals who serve as expert volunteers for our students, as well as world-class tech industry partners and foundations/trusts including LEGO, Spotify, BNY Mellon, Vodafone and Capgemini.
With offices based in Old Street, Central London, we are a charity with a start-up mindset. We are a highly ambitious and energetic team yet we remain close-knit and friendly, all passionately sharing our belief in Apps for Good’s mission and values.
If you believe in the power of technology and education, then you will be the perfect fit.
We’re looking for a creative, energetic and digitally-savvy individual to join us as our Communications & Events Manager. As an integral part of the team, you will take a leading role on our marketing, communications and events, working closely with the wider Apps for Good team.
You will be responsible for overseeing marketing and communications strategies that support engagement and growth across our brand and communities of students, teachers, volunteers and corporate partners. You will also plan, manage and deliver our flagship events, including our national awards.
- Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies
- Manage social media channels, blog, and other digital marketing channels
- Create content including case studies, thought leadership pieces, policy pieces and content relating to specific campaigns
- Organise and maintain up-to-date marketing materials so that they are accessible for the team, including: logos, photographs, videos, templates, case studies, key messages, graphics, imagery and style templates
- Research and advise on appropriate partnerships, events, conferences, and awards to raise the profile of the organisation and oversee the application or nomination process
- Develop PR strategies for key events, campaigns and achievements
- Work with external organisations and partners on campaigns relating to education, technology and young people
- Manage, deliver and evaluate Apps for Good flagship events including our national Awards and Regional Events
- Outstanding organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Positive, creative and flexible approach to problem-solving
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and with external organisations
- Great self-starter who can oversee projects from start to finish
- Ability to prioritise and balance multiple areas of responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in what’s happening in the education and tech spaces in the UK
- 1-2 years experience in a marketing or comms role, with at least some experience of organising events
- Knowledge or experience with user research methods, and skills in developing targeted and timed communications campaigns.
- Knowledge or experience with methods for evaluating marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful completion of multiple projects
- Design skills (Photoshop)
Gross Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
Job type: Full time permanent
This is a full-time role based in our office in Shoreditch, London. We offer flexible working, health care insurance and generous holiday allowance, plus you get your birthday off.
Please share your CV and a covering letter.
Closing date for Applications: Friday 29th November 2019
Planned Face-to-face Interview Dates: First two weeks of December 2019, though we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so you may be contacted earlier for a telephone interview
Start Date: ASAP