Fundraise to empower young people to solve environmental, social and community problems they care most about. Lead partnerships that give young people the skills they need to thrive.
Who we are
Apps for Good is a small independent charity giving young people the skills they need to thrive. For 10 years we’ve worked with teachers to unlock the potential of over 200,000 students around the UK, and beyond, with our free technology courses.
Our courses encourage students to think about the world around them and solve the problems that they find by creating apps and products with machine learning and the Internet of Things.
Our partnerships enhance the learning experience, provide engagement opportunities for students and funding in order to remain free and accessible to as many young people as possible. We believe that this collaboration is essential to bridge education and industry.
Why we exist
Too many young people don’t have access to the skills they need to succeed in life. We support and empower educators to teach students everything they need to create a brighter future for themselves and for their community.
The tech sector is not inclusive enough, we want to ensure that the industry is open to everyone making sure it works to solve society’s biggest problems.
We are a charity with a start-up mindset. We are a small, close-knit, highly ambitious and energetic team who all believe strongly in our mission and values. We’re currently working very effectively remotely but when possible we expect to continue to be a distributed team with regular meetings in London.
If you believe in the power of technology and education to transform lives, then you will be the perfect fit.
We’re looking for a new Fundraising and Partnerships Manager to support, nurture and grow our fantastic network of funders and partners, including LEGO, Spotify, BNY Mellon, SAP and Deutsche Bank.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about social impact and building long-term mutually valuable partnerships. You will work with existing and prospective corporate and philanthropic partners on a number of funded projects across Apps for Good. You’ll focus on growth, creating new ways to engage and inspire, and pitching new products in meetings and written proposals.
We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and make recruitment decisions by matching the charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We are keen to encourage a diverse range of perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge within Apps for Good.
- At least three years’ experience in one or more of the following areas; fundraising, partnership management, business development or account management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident at networking and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to deliver high quality pitches to external organisations and senior executives.
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and deliver on shared projects.
- Positive, communicative and proactive approach to work and problem-solving.
- Effective time management skills.
- Great self-starter who can independently oversee projects from start to finish.
- Enthusiasm for Apps for Good’s mission.
- Experience working within a distributed team
- Experience of negotiating and working on government projects / contracts.
This is a permanent role working remotely with regular travel, mostly to London, when possible. We offer flexible working, health care insurance, good holiday allowance, plus you get your birthday off.
Joining a small collaborative team means you’ll contribute to a variety of projects and have a voice on strategy. We’re committed to developing our team and supporting their career aspirations.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.