Action on Poverty’s vision is a fair world free from poverty and discrimination where every person is empowered to fulfil their potential. We were established in 1984 and are focused on providing economic solutions to address hunger, injustice and barriers to safe and lasting work for marginalised groups in Sub Saharan Africa and South Asia. We aim to bring about sustainable economic and social improvements, building self-reliance by working with some of the most vulnerable people obtain a livelihood, through enterprise (including agricultural) and employment.
Finance and Business Manager:
This is part-time (60% equivalent to 3 days per week) based on a 40-hour week. Reduced hours for more experienced applicants may be considered at a pro rata salary. Core hours Monday to Friday are expected but flexi-time is in operation whereby staff can start earlier or later in agreement with his/her line manager and work corresponding hours. You must be prepared to work evenings and weekends.
To ensure the delivery of timely and accurate financial information as required by the CEO, statutory bodies and other stakeholders, including donor organisations, external auditors and Inland Revenue.
Management and internal reporting and controls:
- To produce quarterly and year-end management accounts to deadline
- To maintain the General and the Restricted bank accounts, arrange transfers as required and reconcile monthly.
- To maintain all project bank accounts, reconcile monthly.
- Reconcile Grant payments made to Partners on a quarterly basis and arrange international transfer of funds as required.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts, and update management cash flows monthly.
- Produce forecast Income and Expenditure Accounts and Balance Sheets
- Reconcile expense claims and petty cash payments.
- Reconcile UK expenditure and transfer funds from/to project accounts monthly.
- Prepare quarterly project management fee and transfer funds from project accounts
- Compute and pay monthly salaries and make the required returns to HMRC, Pension Provider and The Pensions Regulator.
- Perform year-end procedures. Prepare trial balances and year end accounts. Prepare all the necessary working papers for auditors, assist auditors and clarify any queries raised.
- Complete required annual reporting and other tasks for compliance with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Review and assimilate UK and overseas expenditure on a quarterly basis and report to major funders and make quarterly claims as appropriate.
- Maintain project financial files and along with the Project Managers manage close interactive working relationships with partners to ensure adequate financial management and internal controls are maintained and build partner financial reporting capacity.
- Attend AGM and Trustees’ meetings as required.
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement and development of business management and financial systems.
- Together with the Trustees and the CEO:
- Enhance strategic and business planning by providing cash flow forecasts and contributing to long-term business plans, and
- Ensure the company has in place comprehensive systems for internal and external audit, compliance and risk management.
- Carry out office management liaison and related duties as required by the Trustees or the CEO.
- Carry out any additional finance related duties as required by the Trustees or the CEO.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. Please call or email us if you require any of the application documents in a larger text or in a different format.
Closing Date for applications: 9th May 2021. All interviews will be held either by zoom or at the Action on Poverty’s offices in Pershore, Worcestershire. They are planned for 18th May 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.