Action on Poverty’s vision is a fair world free from poverty and discrimination where every person is empowered to fulfil their potential. We were established in 1984 and are focused on providing economic solutions to address hunger, injustice and barriers to safe and lasting work for marginalised groups in Sub Saharan Africa and South Asia. We aim to bring about sustainable economic and social improvements, building self-reliance by working with some of the most vulnerable people obtain a livelihood, through enterprise (including agricultural) and employment.
The role of the Programme Manager is to:
- Ensure effective programme delivery by working in partnership with local organisations and project donors
- Contribute to identifying new opportunities for funding and preparing proposals for submission; including the development of ideas for new ways of working.
- Contract delivery with partner
- Ensuring appropriate planning and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Ensuring partnership agreement and donor contracts are adhered to
- Reviewing with the partner, and assisting with problem solving on:
- Progress against planned activities and project objectives o monitoring arrangements
- Progress against budget
- Financial reporting by partner
- Ensuring quality and timely reports to meet the requirements of donor(s) are compiled and submitted.
- Providing other key technical inputs as part of APT’s added value e.g. in Monitoring and Evaluation, Organisational Development, Market-led enterprise developments. Commissioning mid-term reviews and end of project evaluations, or other project activities as detailed in the proposal
- Maintain records and control expenditure on both the partner’s and APT budget lines in consultation with the Finance Manager
- Compliance with APT’s policies and procedures regarding quarterly financial reporting, including ensuring partners’ compliance
- Authorising the transfer of funds to partners with consultation with the Finance Manager as appropriate
- Ensure annual audit reports are received from each partner, special audits if requested.
- Compilation in consultation with local partner, and submission to donor for approval any proposal for revision / rescheduling of project budget, and explanations for any variance between budgeted and actual expenditure
Developing/Maintaining Donor Relationship
- Sharing information on key issues and topics of concern with donor(s)
- Gathering case studies and photographs for APT publicity and fundraising.
- Sharing of learning, with other APT staff and for wider sharing / publication
- Preparation of summaries of progress for Trustee meetings
- Reporting on agreed KPI’s from the APT Strategic Plan
Programme Development (contributing to):
- Keeping abreast of relevant sectoral, thematic, and country developments
- Focussing on high quality projects which lead to lasting positive benefit for participants and communities
- Reviewing ongoing projects and assisting in the development of new projects, including the submission of proposals, in an effective mutually respectful partnership working style.
- Seeking new partnership and project opportunities in APT’s key fields of competence within and outside the traditional project format, including a range of stakeholders as partners.
- Increasing the ability for APT and partners to leverage further beneficial change through demonstrating successful results.
- Contribute to monitoring and sharing donor trends.
- Contribute to the development of organisational plans and strategy.
- Represent APT at meetings, events and other networks as appropriate.
- Undertake or participate in other organisational projects as requested by the CEO.
- Contribute to the work of other Action on Poverty colleagues in communications and relationship building, including the provision of information and engagement with social media.
The post is full-time based on a 40 hour week. Core hours Monday to Friday are expected but flexi-time is in operation whereby staff can start earlier or later in agreement with his/her line manager and work corresponding hours.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy. Please call or email us if you require any of the application documents in a larger text or in a different format.
Closing date for applications: 10th May 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.