London £31,634 - £36,345 + generous annual leave and benefits
Do you love analysing public policy and immersing yourself in research evidence? Do you have a passion for education policy?
AQA, the education charity and exam board, is looking for two Policy Analysts to undertake high-quality policy analysis and commentary on assessment, qualifications and wider education policy.
You will have:
• An understanding of and interest in the contemporary political environment and the workings and decision-making structures of government and UK policymaking processes
• Excellent understanding of different types of evidence and research methods, how different types of evidence are evaluated and can be used to inform policy development and design
• Experience of working in a political, policymaking or governmental environment (essential)
• Experience of working with qualitative and quantitative research including academic literature reviews (essential)
• Experience of working in education or education policy or evidence of a real ambition to work in this space
• Analytical, able to synthesise information from a variety of sources and identify key issues in complex problems
• Ability to present complex and technical ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to produce clear, timely and concise written communications
• Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to initiate work and function autonomously
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
- 25 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 35 hour working week
- excellent contributory pension (6% - 11.5% dependent on employee contribution)
- life assurance
- an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
- access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for agile, self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
- cycle to work scheme
- interest free travel loans.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
- Closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 30 September 2021.
- Interviews held week commencing 4 October 2021.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique.
AQA is committed to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk. We’re dedicated to reducing the risk of employing or contracting any person intent on abusing their position of trust, along with identifying and responding to any incident of alleged abuse from its employees or associates fairly and swiftly. For more information on safeguarding at AQA please visit the AQA website.
As an employer we are moving towards a more agile way of working, including a balance of office working and home working.