As Chief of Staff to the Archbishop of York, you will report directly to the Archbishop of York and provide the Archbishop with assistance to conduct his ministry within the life of the nation, the Church of England and the Anglican Communion.
You will support the Archbishop in his priorities of Mission, Teaching and Pilgrimage to the Diocese, Province and Nation. You will work with existing stakeholders and seek new partnerships to amplify the ministry priorities and work with colleagues at Lambeth Palace, coordinating the work of the Archbishops’ commissions and task forces.
You will be the Archbishop’s chief companion, support and critical friend for developing and refining this vision, aligning his work with the dioceses and central structures of the Church of England, ensuring his time is used effectively and strategically, and making it happen.
You will be based at Bishopthorpe Palace in the village of Bishopthorpe although currently, employees are working remotely due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Stage 1 – Thursday 27 May 2021 (via zoom). In addition to the interview, there will be a presentation and informal conversations with some employees from Bishopthorpe Palace.
- Stage 2 – Wednesday 2 June 2021 (in person).
We would welcome applicants from any Christian background and/or a variety of Christian life experiences, including those of long-standing, or a more recent commitment to their faith. This post carries an occupational requirement to be a practicing Christian (in accordance with the Equality Act 2010).
To apply, please complete an application including :
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A supporting statement (maximum two pages) that outlines your interest in this particular role, the ministry of the Archbishop of York and your fit against the criteria set out in the person specification
- A short video (maximum 4 minutes) outlining how you would offer companionship, critical friendship and support to the Archbishop of York.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.