An opportunity to provide a vital role to a small, friendly and dynamic Fundraising Team. The role involves various communications and marketing activities which contribute to raising the profile of the Society and engaging with our community.
The Architects Benevolent Society is dedicated to helping past and present members of architectural professions, and their families, in times of need.
Duties and responsibilities:
To play a key role in planning and delivering the Society’s communications.
- Maintaining and building awareness and support for the Society
- Working alongside the External Relations Manager and other staff to develop content for all digital communications, including (but not exclusively) welfare materials, impact reporting, case stories, and the promotion of events.
- Developing and designing new and current branded materials, and ensuring all staff follow the Society’s branding guidelines
- Developing, updating, writing content, and maintaining the Society’s website
- Liaising with stakeholders to coordinate regular mailings to supporters and beneficiaries
- Preparing content and layout, segmenting and collating data for direct mailing materials including newsletters and appeals
- Liaising with the Society’s design agency, media partners and marketing professionals from membership organisations and practices to promote services and events
- Overseeing management of social media platforms
- Liaising with the Society’s welfare team to gather content and data for impact reporting.
- Representing the Society at events.
To work as a member of the team for the benefit of the Architects Benevolent Society.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Participate in the overall fundraising, welfare and stewardship programme activities where necessary and appropriate
- Collaborate with colleagues on the activity of the Society
- Undertake such other tasks as the External Relations Manager may direct.
Knowledge and experience required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a communications role
- The ability to understand and appreciate the motivations of donors, supporters and volunteers
- Significant experience in using social media platforms and marketing channels (Mailchimp, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook) and an understanding of best practice for general use and online campaigns
- Expertise with computers and database management
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal skills – being able to convey information so that it engages interest and motivates support
- Planning and organising - a confident self-starter with excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, use of initiative and ability to make decisions.
- Strong IT skills, including working knowledge of design software, (Photoshop, Illustrator) and supporter databases.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.