An ageing population. The housing crisis. Our health and social care systems under intense pressure.
We work hard to solve all of these issues – at the same time.
Our vision is for all older people to have the option to live in high quality Retirement Communities in their later years. Retirement Communities maintain independence, foster friendships and ease loneliness – they create positive outcomes for older people and their families. They also provide a benefit to our public services, free up housing for all generations, and make a huge contribution to our health and social care economy. And residents love them, as evidenced by satisfaction surveys. If that’s not something worth getting involved in, what is?!
In the UK, sector regulation and legislation for Retirement Communities is still in its infancy. Therefore, ARCO has put in place its own Consumer Code, designed to drive up standards and consumer confidence, which represents an excellent starting point for future Retirement Community regulation in the UK. Our self-regulatory function has become an increasingly critical focus for ARCO, and so we need a Compliance Engagement Manager to administer our standards programme and engage with our members, assessors, Standards Committee, and Board, building relationships and achieving positive outcomes.
Purpose of the role
To manage ARCO’s standards and compliance function – acting as the primary liaison between members, external assessors, the Standards Committee, and ARCO, as well as managing the assessment programme, complaints, and reputational risks.
It’s an unusual role, as we need someone with a mix of abilities in: on the one hand communication and people skills, and on the other hand processes and organisation. You’ll need to be an excellent relationship manager who is flexible, personable, and empathetic as well as someone who is precise, thorough, and scrupulous.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a high level of accountability
- Excellent people skills, personable and empathetic
- Ability to work to a fast-pace and manage multiple workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and flexibly
- Adaptable, resourceful, resilient, and with a can-do attitude
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexibly and to tight timescales
- Highly responsible, ethical, honest, and just
Benefits of the role
- 25 holiday days per year, exclusive of bank holidays and any other time the office may be closed
- Employer pension contribution
- Flexible working hours (and we would consider an applicant who would prefer to work 4 days a week)
- Opportunities for training and personal development
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.