We’re looking for an ambitious Area Manager to join our retail team in the Essex area to maximise area sales and profits in this region so that more money can be used to fund our research and help bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
We need a commercially astute individual to...
* Achieve agreed area sales budgets and maximise our retail profit through effective cost control
* Analyse financial data to make informed commercial decisions
* Maintain a standard of excellent customer service and supporter care
* Generate quality donated goods through area driven initiatives
* Recruit, develop and retain high calibre staff in all positions within the area
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 1,100 retail staff work relentlessly every day towards this goal. Trading and Operations is looking to double its monetary contribution to the Charity by 2016-2017, therefore we need someone to take on a number of shops across Essex and help make this happen.
You’ll have the autonomy to run your portfolio of shops like your own business, whilst being an ambassador for Cancer Research UK by supporting and endorsing the cultural aims of the organisation within your area. With the option of one administration day a week as well as the option of Christmas leave, a great work/life balance can be struck within this role.
To join us in this fast-paced role you will need to have...
* Outstanding track record in achieving sales & profit targets within retail management
* Excellent understanding of high street retail fashion
* Experience of distance management of a diverse team of people
* Flexible and proactive attitude with the ability to adapt and implement change
* Strong short/long term strategic planning skills with the ability to time manage and prioritise successfully
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard together to beat cancer sooner.
Closing Date: Sunday 22nd January 2017, 23:55
Interview Dates: W/C 6th February 2017