Digital Learning Designer
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to make sure that every child, regardless of background, has access to a great education and real choices in life.
Our highly-successful network of 38 schools educates over 20,000 students across Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth. They are achieving some of the best results in the country despite being largely in areas of historic academic underachievement.
We have recently embarked on a digital transformation project and are in the process of launching our new Learning Management System to support learning and the delivery of training across the organisation. We are looking for an experienced Digital Learning Designer to play a key role in translating aspects of our existing training offer and creating new e-learning modules. The role will draw on the content expertise of multiple stakeholders across the organisation and apply digital learning best practice to produce high quality and engaging e-learning modules.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience in instructional design and instructional design technology.
- have experience working with subject matter experts and translating knowledge/existing training content into online learning.
- have knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- be proficient in course development/authoring software and at least one learning management system.
- have excellent visual design skills (Adobe Creative Cloud) and the ability to storyboard.
- have great project management skills
- have the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- understanding of different audiences and techniques used such as quizzes, gamification
- be an effective team worker with the ability to also work independently under their own initiative
- be a self-starter who sets a high standard of work quality for themselves
- build relationships very quickly
- have experience of conducting research and a real eye for detail
- be able to manage tight deadlines and changing priorities
In return Ark will offer you:
- a competitive salary
- a great benefits package including an 11% no contribution pension
- an opportunity to lead on driving a digital learning transformation project within an organisation
- a real commitment to your personal learning
Click apply to view the full Job Description, Person Specification and to submit your CV and Cover Letter
Closing date: Sunday, 28th July 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 FTE (£28,000 - £32,000 pro rata) dependent on qualifications and experience + 11% pension contribution
Hours: 30 hours worked over 4 or 5 days (to be discussed at interview)
Contract: 1 year fixed-term contract in the first instance (0.8 FTE)
First round of interviews: Thursday, 1st August 2019
Location: Ark's head office is currently based in Holborn, London, but we will be relocating to a new West London office (based in zone 2), by the end of 2019. The new location in Notting Dale, will be a short walk from Shepherds Bush (Central Line and Overground) and Latimer Road and Wood Lane (Hammersmith and City and Circle Lines).
We will review applications on a rolling basis so early applications are encouraged. Depending on outcomes from the first round of interviews we may wish to take selected candidates to a second round of interviews.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.