Digital Learning Specialist
Location: White City, West London
Salary details: £40,000 FTE (£32,000 pro-rata) dependent on qualifications and experience + 11% pension contribution
Contract: 2 year fixed-term contract in the first instance (0.8 FTE)
Hours: 30 hours worked over 4 days (to be discussed at interview)
Closing date: 27 July 2020
Start date: September 2020
About the role:
We recently launched a new Learning Management System with the goal of transforming the way we deliver training across the organization. We are now looking for an experienced Digital Learning Specialist, who is an expert in all aspects of digital learning design and will share all their knowledge and experience with a network of Learning Champions across the organization.
The role will draw on the content expertise of multiple stakeholders across the organisation and apply digital learning best practice to produce high quality and engaging eLearning courses as well as seek ways to improve how we use our LMS and also engage and support others within the organisation to create learning solutions.
- have significant experience in instructional design theory and practice
- be proficient in using HTML and CSS within an LMS to build custom eLearning modules
- be proficient in course development/authoring software (Articulate, Vyond, Camtasia and others)
- have excellent visual design skills (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- have experience working with subject matter experts and senior stakeholders to co-create engaging learning content
- the ability to quickly understand a wide range of topics in order to structure and sequence content in a storyboard
- have experience in designing and creating blended learning journeys
- have proven strong project management skills
- have strong written communication skills including the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- be an effective team worker with the ability to also work independently under their own initiative
- be a self-starter who sets a high standard of work quality for themselves and others
- build relationships very quickly
- be able to manage tight deadlines and changing priorities
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 37 schools, educating around 27,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes that improve the education system.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
How to apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal.
Depending on outcomes from the first round of interviews we may wish to take selected candidates to a second round of interviews.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.