People Advisor (Central)
Reports to: HR Business Partner (Central)
Location: West London – currently operating an agile working policy with two core days (Mon and Weds) in the office
Pattern: Full Time (standard hours 9am – 5.30pm)
Closing date: 07/06/2022
Interviews: w/c 13/06/2022
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience)
About the role:
Supporting the People Business Partner with the delivery of a proactive, effective and efficient People service for Ark (which includes its International team and the Ventures) and Ark Schools’ centralised departments which service the Ark Schools network. In this document these client groups are referred to as “Ark”.
This role is primarily comprised of the following areas:
- HR queries, advice and associated administration
- New starter and leaver end to end processing
- Vacancy and contractual management
- Reporting, monitoring and audit
- Policy management and review
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Delivering an effective, efficient and engaging first point of contact HR service to the staff and managers of Ark including associated HR administration
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with the People Business Partner and Ark line managers, providing them with first line HR support in line with Ark’s Policies and according to own ER knowledge learning curve. This includes note taking, preparing letters and advising during any required meetings
- Provide support to People Business Partner with the effective delivery and reporting on Ark’s performance management appraisal processes and Pay Review processes
- Effective delivery of the new starter and leaver experiences across Ark including working with the People Operations team to automate these processes where possible
- Develop meaningful data analysis and insight to review effectiveness of areas of own responsibility, always seeking ways to improve practices
- Collate Exit Interview feedback for common themes following the meetings
- Keep abreast of HR best practice, legislative changes and new developments to continuously develop and improve knowledge and skills and broaden the understanding of inter-relationships between the range of human resources activities and functions
- CIPD Level 5 qualified
- Commitment to Continuous Professional Development in HR field
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the ACAS Code and statutory employment laws (working time directive, minimum wage and family friendly rights as a minimum). A wider knowledge of HR best practice advantageous but not essential if willing to work towards this.
- Experience with delivering a high standard of customer service
- Genuine commitment to Ark’s Values; Aim High, Be Brave, Be Kind & Keep Learning
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
- As an Ark Schools staff member, you will have the opportunity to be part of the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a salary average defined benefit pension scheme - this means you build up a guaranteed amount in your pension, payable for every year of your retirement. We also offer an alternative workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes (Ark Ventures) that improve the education system.
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Tuesday 14th June 2022 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.