People Business Partner
Location: White City, West London
Salary details: £50,000- £55,000 per annum (DOE) + 11% employer pension contribution + other benefits
Contract: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: 7 August 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
Are you an experienced HR professional, looking to develop your career with an innovative and forward-looking education charity, making a real difference to the lives of children and young people?
About the role:
As the Central People Business Partner, you’ll join our welcoming and collaborative People team to play a vital role in delivering excellent stakeholder engagement and HR service delivery to all of Ark’s Central functions.
In this role, you will be expected to be a contributing member of the wider People Team, bringing your professional knowledge and personal creativity to continuously improve the quality of the People service to the Central team.
You will gain exposure to many different aspects of the charity’s strategy and operations and be accountable for the successful management of the full employee life cycle, including systems and processes as well as leading excellent client relationships across the organisation. Through Ark Ventures you’ll also have the chance to support the growth and development of some of the most exciting start-ups in the education sector.
As the People Business Partner you will play an important part helping to shape the strategic and operational direction of Ark’s central teams and make a direct impact on our staff and the great work that they do.
- Partner with Ark’s Central heads of team to support all key People processes, providing guidance, coaching and constructive challenge when appropriate
- Own, analyse, and report People data in ways that provide management intelligence from which strategic decisions can be made
- Support and/or lead project work in support of Ark’s strategic plans and priorities (e.g. apprenticeships, flexible working and diversity and inclusion)
- Show a personal vision aligned with Ark’s high aspirations and expectations of self and others.
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 37 schools, educating around 27,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes that improve the education system.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Rising to 29 days after 2 years of service and then again to 30 days after 3 years of service
- We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
How to apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.