Location: White City, London, with travel to other sites as needed
Salary details: £26,000 - £30,000 depending on level of qualification & skills/experience
per annum + 11% employer pension contribution
Vacancy type: 1 year fixed term, 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Wed 11 Dec 2019
Start date: January 2020
As Ark central office are embarking on an exciting office move to White City we are looking to appoint a HR specialist on a 1 year fixed term basis to work closely with our close knit people team to support on all matters HR during this time of transition.
This is a rare opportunity with our high-performing team in a mission-driven education charity.
About the role
Working closely with the People Operations Manager and wider People team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks to provide an efficient HR service to the central office, including payroll, pensions, HR systems, new joiner and recruitment service. The Ark Central office includes the Ark Schools central support teams, Ark’s International team and Ark’s Ventures.
• Experience working within a HR function, with exposure to Recruitment, Starter and Leaver processes (including contracts), Payroll, Pensions and HR Systems
• Experience preparing payroll information
• Experience of delivering first line HR policy advice
• Highly organised, able to plan and deliver effectively with autonomy
• Experienced in delivering high quality customer service and comfortable working with a range of stakeholders
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 37 schools, educating around 27,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. Through Ark Ventures, we incubate, launch and scale initiatives that address some of the most intractable issues in education and society, both in the UK and around the world.
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• 11% employer pension contribution
• We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
• Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
How to apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal.
Early applications are encouraged; we reserve the right to close this vacancy if we find the right candidate.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.