Marketing Manager – Leading youth charity
About This Job
In September 2021 ACCT UK launched its new name and brand and we are now seeking a highly motivated Marketing Manager to deliver our engagement programme. We are looking for you to bring enthusiasm, personal credibility, discretion and sensitivity in promoting the charity to its beneficiaries and a wide range of stakeholder groups.
As ACCT UK’s Marketing Manager, you will be key to helping the wider community to understand our charity and how it is distinct from the Army Cadets, a youth organisation we are closely linked to.
This position is a permanent part time post (24 hours per week) which can be either home or office based. The successful applicant will be required to travel occasionally. The starting annual salary for this post is £18,150.
ACCT UK is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. We want to ensure that every young person has the opportunity to learn new skills, build confidence and be inspired through their Army Cadet experience. We want to develop the youth leadership and training abilities of adult volunteers in the Army Cadets. We help young people to access Army Cadet Force activities through fundraising, grant-making, developing new resources and direct support.
Working alongside our strategic partner, the British Army, we support young people to access cadet activity with the Army Cadets through a range of activities including grant making, resource development and direct support to the Army Cadets.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and challenge them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACCT UK you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote learning and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- The ability to work both from home and from our London office.
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12-month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Additional privilege leave on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year (pro-rata for part time staff).
- An additional five days of volunteering leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Season ticket loan.
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the job specification along with a CV Your completed application should be sent by Wednesday 13th October 2021.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 18th October 2021 in person at our London office.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people we require staff to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.