SO2 Training Policy – Leading youth organisation
About This Job
This challenging role is responsible for the design, coordination, development and implementation of strategic training policy across the Army Cadets aligned with legislation and Ministry of Defence (MOD) policy.
This position is a permanent full time post (40 hours per week) which will be office based in Cadets Branch, HQ Regional Command in Aldershot. The starting salary for the post will be £30,250 per annum.
The Army Cadet Force Association (ACFA) is a national youth charity dedicated to improving the life chances of young people. Working alongside our strategic partners, the British Army, we support young people to access cadet activity with the Army Cadets through a range of activities including grant making, resource development and direct support to the Army Cadets.
We strongly believe that everyone benefits when you help young people to develop their character and values through activities that stretch and mature them. We also know that when young people engage with others at a range of levels in their communities it builds confidence and improves empathy for other’s lives.
Who we are
You will enjoy being part of our small team who work very happily together. By joining ACFA you will help us to reach more young people and make a greater difference and we look forward to working with you. We actively promote and encourage you to explore ideas that improve all aspects of the charity’s work in pursuit of its charitable aims.
What we can offer you
In addition to your salary we offer all staff:
- Flexible working arrangements (you agree a working pattern with your line manager).
- Personal Accident Insurance, including loss of earnings cover and death benefit.
- 15 days of sick pay in any 12 month period (after 12 months employment - pro-rata for part time staff).
- A contributory pension scheme (you contribute at least 5% and we will contribute 10%).
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Additional privilege leave on set days each year, such as between Christmas and New Year (pro-rata for part time staff).
- An additional five days of volunteering leave (pro-rata for part time staff).
- Support for qualifications and personal development.
- Season ticket loan.
- A caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter that details how you meet the requirements of the attached job specification along with a CV Your completed application should be sent to tby 23:59 Sunday 18th April 2021.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing Monday 26th April 2021 via MS Teams.
Please note that as a charity dedicated to improving the lives of young people we require staff to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and will follow up references.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.