We have an exciting opportunity to join our small team to provide effective leadership and management of the organisation whilst the current Director takes maternity leave.
You will have experience in leading organisations within the not-for-profit sector, and background in fundraising and financial management.
Salary: £35,000 per year, pro rata
Hours: 21 per week, flexible
Job Type: 12 months maternity contract
Location: Homeworking and Islington, London
Application deadline: 16th July 2020
Start Date: 1 September 2020
Duties will include:
- Provide general oversight and management of Artbox London’s activities and support and manage Artbox staff.
- Plan and coordinate engagement of volunteers in Artbox activities.
- Support Artbox activities such as exhibitions and special events.
- Drive and deliver business development activities to support the growth of the organisation, supporting the Partnerships Manager.
- Fundraise for the work of Artbox London through trusts and foundations and corporates, work to develop and maximise immediate and longer-term income growth for Artbox London by building effective relationships and funders and partners.
- Manage the financial activities of the organisation including budgeting and reporting and preparing annual accounts.
- Lead on HR matters and recruitment, induction and support of permanent and freelance staff.
- Work with the Board of trustees and Chair to enable them to fulfil its governance functions.
- Oversee the charities internal and external communications, including website and social media.
- Find a suitable new studio space to accommodate Artbox during the planned renovation of Orkney House due to start in mid-2021.
- Experience of a leadership or senior management role in an arts/charitable organisation.
- Demonstrable and measurable success in fundraising from trusts and foundations and corporates.
- Knowledge of and experience in financial, operational management, human resources and administration.
- Excellent organisational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively (and the ability to help others achieve these things).
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships and work successfully with people at all levels
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent written and communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working with and coordinating volunteers.
- Experience of working with a trustee board to ensure good governance.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small staff team.
- The right to work in the UK
About the organisation:
Artbox London is a charity and social enterprise, based in Islington, that aims to improve the wellbeing and inclusion of people with learning disabilities and autism by engaging them in art. Our objectives are to improve their confidence and self-esteem, develop their creative and life skills, provide opportunities to make and meet friends and reduce isolation and loneliness, and give them the chance to earn some money from their skills and creativity. We also aim to raise the visibility of people with learning disabilities and autism in the community, and to raise the profile of their artwork in the wider art world. We achieve these goals by providing a range of art workshops from our studio on Caledonian Road in Islington, and by providing trips to galleries and museums in the local area and in central London. We also hold regular exhibitions at our studio and at least one per year in a central London commercial gallery. Artwork is sold at exhibitions and throughout the year via our online shop, and profits are split with the artists so they receive some income.
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This post will initially be a 12-month contract with the opportunity to extend.
Interviews to be held in late July either via Zoom or in person depending on government advice at the time
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.