Arthritis Action is seeking a creative Corporate Partnerships Manager to join our team. This is a varied role which involves developing and implementing Arthritis Action’s new corporate fundraising strategy, with the aim of maximising income from corporate partnerships, sponsorships and CSR relationships.
We are looking for a creative fundraiser, or business development professional, who is excited about establishing corporate initiatives, developing a strong pipeline and meeting potential corporate partners. You will also attend networking events to help raise the profile of Arthritis Action.
This is a full-time role, but we will consider part-time for the right candidate. We are looking for a January 2020 start.
Key Responsibilities – the role will include but not be limited to:
- Developing and implementing the Charity’s new corporate fundraising strategy.
- Researching prospective corporate partners and building a pipeline of potential sources of income.
- Organising fundraising packs, presentations and initiatives for corporate partners to get involved with.
- Developing and keeping up to date the parts of the CRM and website relevant to corporate fundraising.
- Ensuring that effective systems and processes are in place to manage/track fundraising performance, and actively monitoring income performance.
- Representing the Charity at networking events to promote fundraising and meet contacts, travelling as appropriate within London and the rest of the UK.
- Ensuring that the Charity meets its legal obligations with regards to fundraising, adheres to the Code of Fundraising Practice, and maintains its reputation through its fundraising activities, whilst amending any documents/activities if needed.
- Raise Arthritis Action’s profile by networking with relevant organisations across the UK and look for new fundraising opportunities in areas we have clusters of Members and Arthritis Action Groups.
- Attend conferences to raise Arthritis Action’s profile and learn new ways to generate income through corporates.
- Write fundraising copy for the website, eNews, the Magazine and social media channels.
- Undertake other tasks relevant to the level of this position within the organisation.
The post will be located in the office at Victoria. The address is: 56 Buckingham Gate, 2nd Floor, London SW1E 6AE. Some travel across the UK will be required.
Person Specification - Essential
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, demonstrating knowledge of corporate fundraising activities.
- Experience of developing and implementing fundraising strategies in line with an organisation’s vision, values and strategic objectives.
- Experience of developing a pipeline of prospective corporate partners, and a proven track record of converting prospects and managing partnerships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write in Plain English for a range of audiences.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating fundraising activity.
- Commitment to Arthritis Action’s vision, mission and brand values.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities and diversity – and the commitment to promote high standards of conduct, integrity and probity.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent account management and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- A self-starter, able to work on own initiative where required.
- Enthusiastic team-player with a can-do attitude.
- Able and willing to travel within the UK.
Person Specification – Desirable
- Database experience.
- Experience of managing budgets.
How to apply: Applications should be in the form of a CV with a covering letter explaining your interest in and suitability for the role. Please provide both email and telephone contact information for yourself. Applications should be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 19th November 2019 at the latest. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held at Arthritis Action’s office in Victoria:
First round on 25th November 2019 and second round on 2nd December 2019.
Arthritis Action is an equal opportunities employer. We treat employees and job applicants in the same way regardless of their sex, marital status, gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age or disability.