Grants and Trusts Officer
Salary: £26,000 – £29,000 per annum pro rata dependent on experience
Hours: Part - time (15 hours per week)
Location: Arthur Rank Hospice, Shelford Bottom Cambridge (with an option to work from home)
Arthur Rank Hospice Charity has an outstanding reputation for excellence in palliative and end of life care. We support people in Cambridgeshire, who are living with life-limiting illnesses and advance conditions. Our positive and practical services deliver care, counselling and education, helping patients to live well and their families to live on.
About the role:
The charity has built excellent rapport with a wide range of funders resulting in a significant level of income in recent years and we are inviting applications for this exciting position of Grants and Trusts Officer. The successful candidate will be required to develop existing relationships and establish new connections in order to secure high levels of income through via Charitable Trusts, Foundations and Grant makers, Applications will cover a range of areas including core costs, specific hospice projects, equipment and service development. . You will be required to research and identify appropriate funders whose criteria match the charity’s needs, prepare appropriate cases for support, submit compelling written bids and complex grant applications as appropriate, as well as provide project management skills to be able to accurately report on the use and impact of the funds received. You will be the key to helping the Charity to grow it’s income in a sustainable way to continue its abilities to support patients and families throughout Cambridgeshire to access vital services.
Main duties include:
- Developing a strategy for how the hospice can maximise income generation from Charitable Trusts, Foundations and Non-statutory Funding Bodies.
- Monitoring the Grants and Trusts sector to ensure all sources of available funds are maximised.
- Analysing and managing the research to determine suitable new approaches including analysis of the charity’s databases. This will require extensive research, analysis and relationship building and working closely with service leads
- Developing and managing a calendar of activity so that the charity can plan for bids and meet all external submission deadlines.
- Preparing bids for submission ensuring they present an effective case for support and provides all relevant information requested by the prospective funder.
- Maintaining an accurate, effective database on the hospice system of all contacts and relationships with stakeholders.
- Good project management of the applications and the implementation of these to provide accurate and timely reports for internal colleagues
- Ability to work closely with the finance reports to monitor spending and to pro-actively address any surplus or shortfall to funding awards
- High quality evaluation reports for Trust and Grant bodies to update on progress.
What we need from you:
- Proven ability to fundraise from charitable trusts and foundations and statutory bodies
- Ability to produce in depth, motivating and inspiring proposals and funding reports
- Excellent bid writer, with experience of winning a variety of grants and trusts and building relationships with funders or stakeholders
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail when creating and reviewing written and financial information.
- An excellent team player approach, working closely with departments throughout the charity
We know we wouldn’t be able to do any of this without our amazing staff, so we offer a range of benefits including:
- Personal Pension Plan (with ability to retain membership of NHS Pension Scheme subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Study leave, where appropriate
- Regular Staff Surveys and staff Forum
- Access to Occupational Health Services
- Access to wellbeing activities
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training and access to inhouse programmes/courses
- Payroll Giving option
- Group Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- Social events
- Christmas savings scheme and staff discounts to our in-house Bistro and Salon HD.
Closing date: Wednesday 30 June,
Interviews: Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th July
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website where you can download the job description and application form.
We are committed to inclusivity, respect, fairness, engagement and equality of opportunity for our patients and their families, our staff and trustees, our volunteers and our supporters.
We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to our community. Therefore, candidates with a disability that meet the minimum criteria will be guaranteed an interview.
We are also working to increase diversity throughout the organisation and we particularly welcome applications from BAME people who are currently under-represented.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
No agencies please.