We are seeking to appoint a Chief Operating Officer to join us as we embark on the next stage of our journey that will see us recognised as a leader in personal, social and work-related learning. Through the development of robust financial and resource planning, the Chief Operating Officer will ensure that ASDAN optimises the effectiveness of its people, information technology systems, estates, and finances. They will play a pivotal role in our longer term financial planning and performance, and appraisal of our investment options, to ensure we secure a sustainable future for our vital work.
Being a director of ASDAN will require a real commitment to our beliefs, values and principles. In return, you will be joining a team charging themselves with a truly rewarding mission – transforming the life chances of children and young people.
ASDAN is a successful national educational charity and awarding organisation for a range of qualifications, programmes and curriculum resources used by more than 3,000 schools, colleges and other education providers in the UK and internationally.
Providing strategic financial leadership, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will, together with the leadership team, deliver ASDAN’s charitable and strategic objectives.
Through the development of robust financial and resource planning, the Chief Operating Officer will ensure that ASDAN optimises the effectiveness of its finances, people, estates and IT systems. The Chief Operating Officer’s successful management of their team will create a foundation for the effective use of resources in support of a sustainable and flexible ASDAN ready to take on future opportunities.
- Provide executive leadership for financial and operational resources
- Lead strategic financial planning and management
- Analyse and control financial and resource performance
- Oversee operational management of human resources (HR)
- Lead operational management of estates and premises
- Oversee operational management of IT systems
- Ensure statutory reporting, compliance and risk management
- Share collective responsibility for the overall leadership of ASDAN with the director team and trustees.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the link below to our website.
- Applications close: Thursday 7th November, with shortlisting completed by Tuesday 13th November
- Interview date: Tuesday 26th November 2019 in Bristol
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.