Fixed Term Contract for 1 year to cover Maternity Leave from October 2019
Ashiana are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Advice worker to ensure:
- Smooth running of the Advice team and ensure targets are being metTo be responsible for co-ordinating work within advocacy and support on behalf of the Network.
- To lead and be responsible for the management of the volunteer programme.
- To manage complex Advice cases
- To have experience in delivering presentations to professionals
- To be responsible for advocating to a high standard and advising women that accesses our Advice Service.
- To be responsible for monitoring targets for the Advice Team.
- Ensuring Line management, support and regular supervision is provided for each member of staff and to review the daily work of Ashiana, and the progress or otherwise of a Service User
- To attend MARAC when required
Applicants must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience of working with women who have experienced VAWG issues.
- Experience of advice and support work.
- Extensive knowledge of the immigration system and NRPF including EEA nationals
- Knowledge of how local authorities and housing associations work.
All candidates must have fluency in at least one of the following languages: Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali
Please note that we are a women only organisation and all roles are for female workers in accordance with section 7.2 (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.