Job Title: Student Relations Coordinator
Location: London (Marylebone)
Hiring Date: From September 2019 (Initial 12 month contract with the possibility of renewal)
Reports to: Hiroe Nakada, Assistant Director of Ashinaga UK
Salary: £27,648 - £31,648 dependent on candidate’s experience (includes London weighting and commuting allowance)
Pension: You will be enrolled in our Personal Pension Scheme and Ashinaga UK will match your contributions by up to 8% of your basic salary
Deadline for applications: 10 July 2019
Holiday allowance: 24 days per annum (pro rata - in addition to public holidays)
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Student Relations Coordinators are the main representatives of Ashinaga for our students studying in the UK and Ireland. They are the students’ first point of contact for Ashinaga as well as the UK office, which provides a multi-faceted web of support. Providing effective support for our students requires flexibility, empathy, diligence, professionalism, and strong administrative skills.
There will be two Student Relations Coordinators in the UK office and each will be assigned approximately 12 students (numbers are subject to change).
The new Student Relations Coordinator will also be expected to assist programme development, with a particular focus on developing entrepreneurial skills in students.
The Student Relations Coordinator’s role involves, but is not limited to, the following:
- To assist with the student’s physical, logistical, and social transition and settlement in the UK and other countries in Europe.
- To undertake administrative duties related to student support.
- To support students to fulfil their obligations under the AAI program and to develop their leadership potential.
- To assist the development of an entrepreneurial component of the programme.
- To further develop and to deliver any other student support programming as required including, but not limited to, leadership camps.
The Student Relations Coordinator may occasionally be required to travel to Uganda and/or Japan.
Minimum required qualifications, experience, skills:
- A bachelor’s degree or above
- Native level of English
- Have the right to work in the UK Have the right to work in the UK
- Experience or a strong theoretical understanding of entrepreneurship and/or teaching entrepreneurship to youth
- Strong administrative skills and good attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Excellent crosscultural communication skills
- Passionate about widening access to education
- Ability to be to be adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Capable of organizing, prioritizing, and multi-tasking independently
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working with university students and/or international students, especially those from Sub-Saharan Africa
- An understanding of how to create and assess a business plan
- In order of importance: proficiency in Japanese, French or Portuguese
- Knowledge of the UK higher education system
- Knowledge of UK student visa applications
- Experience working or volunteering in charities
Student Relations Coordinators can terminate their employment by giving one month’s written notice though where possible we would prefer two months’ notice as it ensures a smooth transition for our students.
*Ashinaga Association in the UK is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.