Birmingham, West Midlands
ACH (Ashley Community Housing) is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate.
We’re currently looking for a Skills Coach to join us in Birmingham and support individuals who are taking part in our digital skills training.
- Salary of £20,000 - £24,000 per annum
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Free parking
- Paid company sick leave
- Company pension after probation period
- 20 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
If you have expertise or a passion for digital marketing, programming or cyber security, this is an amazing opportunity to make a real impact on learners who are eager to realise their full potential.
For many, reaching their career goals can be a daunting task, particularly if they are part of a newly arrived community in the UK. In this important role, you will have the chance to provide the guidance, support and encouragement that our learners need to think big, gain valuable skills and achieve their ambitions.
As a Skills Coach, you’ll provide support and mentoring to individuals taking our online digital skills training course.
Working closely with the Employment Engagement Officer, you’ll encourage independent learning, promote long-term career independence and support course participants in their path to employment.
Specifically, you will:
- Help to identify participants’ goals, challenges, strengths and development areas
- Carry out weekly progress reviews with participants
- Foster an empathetic, inspiring and aspirational learning environment
- Help participants to gain skills that will help them to pursue their chosen career, such as improving their English language skills
- Work with colleagues to promote our service and engage new participants
- Ensure that all service quality standards are met
To join us as a Skills Coach, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of supporting people with training and career progression
- Experience or a passion for digital marketing, programming or cyber security
- A high level of IT literacy
- A degree (or equivalent)
Ideally, you will have experience of working with non-English speakers. Experience of using CRM systems such as Salesforce would also be an advantage, as would a full driving licence, access to your own vehicle and the willingness to travel.
A TAQA or equivalent assessor qualification would be beneficial to your application, as would experience as an assessor.
Other organisations may call this role Programme Mentor, Skills Mentor, Coach & Mentor, Digital Skills Mentor, Digital Skills Teacher, Employment Skills Teacher, Digital Marketing Tutor, Cyber Security Tutor, Programming Tutor, or Employment and Careers Advisor.
Webrecruit, ACH (Ashley Community Housing) and Himilo Training are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Skills Coach, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.