This is a new, front-line leadership role within a national, London based charity. Our focus is on improving the quality of life of older people in or needing care, giving support and advice to their relatives and advocating to raise the standards of care they receive.
Job Title: Assistant Chief Executive
Reporting to: Chief Executive
- to manage the key helpline service, implementing a strategy to increase the quality, accessibility and efficiency of the service
- to ensure sufficient and diverse funding streams for growth and resilience, including the development of individual and corporate membership
- to contribute to the development and implementation of the R&RA business plan
- to deputise for the CEO and represent and promote the R&RA at national and local meetings and events
- to manage the staff, including holding regular meetings and ensure the efficient running of the office
- provide financial and service delivery and other information to Trustees so that they can comply with their responsibilities regarding governance
- to develop and expand the team of voluntary staff
- to raise the profile of the R&RA
- to develop the use of digital media, including the website and social media accounts
The successful candidate will have the following essential requirements:
- a minimum of five years management experience at a senior level
- a degree or equivalent qualification
- experience of staff management
- good knowledge and experience of the social care sector, with particular reference to guidance and regulations
- strong communication skills, both written and oral, including confidence in public speaking
- the ability to operate strategically and to handle complex issues and cases
- experience of governance and the law relating to charities
- experience of working in services for older people, their relatives and representatives
- the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with partners
- the capacity to work in a self-directed and proactive manner
- competence in standard office IT packages
- an up to date DBS
Salary will be in the range of £40 - £50K for a five day, 35 hour week, or pro rata depending on background and experience. . Applications will be welcomed from candidates wishing to work part-time. A minimum time commitment of three days a week is required.
The post will be based at the R&RA offices in central London.
Applicants are encouraged to include a Covering Letter, outlining how you meet the requirements for the role.