Supporting vulnerable single adults who have been homeless and who have support needs. The service provides individuals with accommodation and floating support service to ensure that they settle into the service and, sustain their licence. A Support Coordinator will be assigned to the individual who will then provide them with the support they need according to their assessment of needs, their risk assessment and their care/support plan. Working with them to self develop and progress, reaching the targets they have set so that they can move on to being fully independent in the community.
- Have knowledge or experience of social care practices and regulations
- Have knowledge and experience in supporting people in the community
- Be confident in lone working, whilst using head office as a base.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to converse with service users in an appropriate manner.
- Have confidence in communicating with other community services, and or local authority departments who may be supporting the service user.
- Having a empathetic and understanding nature is vital
- An excellent understanding of equality and diversity guidelines
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and be able to apply this to your role
- Able to follow good working practices and procedures.
- Have knowledge and understanding of writing care plans and risk assessments
- Be proficient in recording and reporting, keeping records, updating information on the current systems.
- Be knowledgeable in using IT systems including word and outlook and be willing to learn how to use other recording and monitoring systems used to ensure the efficiency of the company.
Desirable but not essential: level 2 in Health and Social Care
Are you looking for an exciting new career opportunity that’ll keep you on toes?
· Do you have amazing communication skills?
· Do you have experience in the social care sector?
· Do you thrive under pressure?
· Do you have a good judgement of character?
· Are you self motivated even when working alone?
If successful you will be joining the Floating Support Team who work with vulnerable adults with an array of complex support needs such as mental health, substance and alcohol misuse and homelessness.
Full- time and Part time positions available in a fast-growing organisation available for an immediate start with a competitive salary based on experience.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.