Assisted Accommodation provides individuals with temporary accommodation who have been homeless and who have varied support needs. Our clients are vulnerable single adults for who receive floating support to ensure that they settle into the service.
Support Coordinators are assigned to clients and will provide weekly visits for around 20 to 26 clients. You will develop a Care Plan with them to enable them to self develop and progress. We aim to enable them to reach the targets they have set so that they can move on to becoming fully independent in the community.
- A caring empathic nature
- Have knowledge and experience in supporting people in the community
- Be confident in lone working, whilst using head office as a base.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to converse with service users in an appropriate manner
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and be able to apply this to your role
- Able to follow good working practices and procedures.
- Be proficient in recording and reporting, keeping records, updating information on the current systems.
- Be knowledgeable in using IT systems including word and outlook and be willing to learn how to use other recording and monitoring systems used to ensure the efficiency of the company.
- L 2 in Health and Social Care
- Confident in communicating with other community services, and or local authority departments who may be supporting the service user.
- Have knowledge or experience of Social Care practices and regulations
- Have knowledge and understanding of writing care plans and risk assessments
- An understanding of equality and diversity guidelines
Are you looking for a new career opportunity that’ll keep you on toes?
Do you have a caring nature and enjoy helping others?
· Do you have good communication skills?
· Are you self motivated when working alone?
If successful you will be joining the Floating Support Team who work with vulnerable adults with an array of complex support needs such as mental health, substance and alcohol misuse and homelessness.
Full- time and Part time positions available in a fast-growing organisation available for an immediate start with a competitive salary based on experience.
Please attach a brief cover letter (max 300 words) telling us why you would be suitable for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.