The company provides a supported living service to single homeless adults who are vulnerable and have support needs, including accommodation.
The role of the Service Administrator will be to provide comprehensive administration support to all teams. This role is to ensure the smooth running of the Company and therefore working with all teams is an essential part of the daily working practice.
Your primary tasks will include the overall responsibility of keeping a record of all service charge payments made by our clients including creating new statements, updating finance statements as well as chasing up and keeping track of any arrears. An assertive but supportive approach will need to be taken when talking to our clients as arrears is a sensitive subject to discuss. You will be making contact via telephone, text messages, emails and letters and will need to keep track of deadlines given for payments to be made.
You will be supporting these clients by keeping on top of their service charge by advising them to set up standing orders. Payment plans may need to be put in place if a client falls behind on payments and also kept track of, so no further payments are missed. It is detrimental if a client falls into large arrears as this could lead to eviction.
You will be required to produce monthly reports/ figures and report any concerns daily.
You will be required to attend regular staff meetings, one to one supervisions with your line manager and attend mandatory training offered by Assisted Accommodation.
- Have good communication skills to converse with clients appropriately.
- Be organised and be able to prioritise your work to meet specific deadlines
- To have a sufficient understanding of both spoken and written English language to be able to effectively record and report as well as adhere to written company policy and procedure.
- Be confident in asserting boundaries
- Have good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook and 365, to be willing to learn any new systems that the company decide will make their output more efficient.
- Having the ability to balance assertive telephone mannerism with an empathic approach when communicating with clients in arrears
- To be proactive in creating systems that will improve the running of the service
- Proficient in letter writing, sending and receiving emails and understanding the protocol and regulations set by the GDPR (Data Protection)
- Be able to set up and maintain team calendars and be able to make appointments using the calendar invitation facility.
- Be able to work alone using your initiative and also in a team to attain joint goals
- Be willing to undertake administration tasks that are required by any of the teams and or the Directors.
- Proficient in producing factual and detailed reports.
- Experience in office/business administration/finance – dealing with arrears or debt
- Have some knowledge and experience of supporting people in the community
- To work within the administration and finance team ensuring that the processes and practices followed, promote the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation.
- To provide administration support to all the teams and to work with the Directors and Managers as and when requested.
- To work closely with the Administration Manager and Group financial controller on financial admin that must be dealt with sensitively and confidentially.
- To ensure that all client files are maintained with all current finance information filed and accessible at any time. Create, update and archive client finance statements (electronic) and other files as requested by your Manager.
- To conduct client finance statement reviews as instructed
- You will be required from time to time to complete online housing benefit applications for the service users placed in the accommodation. You will work with an experienced member of staff to ensure that you have gained a full understanding of this procedure. You must also be able to pay attention to detail and ensure that any information provided on the application document is correct.
- You will be required to monitor and maintain service charge payments and work with the Finance team to retrieve service charge from clients in arear. Training will be given.
- Write letters using current templates and create new templates as and when required.
- Ensure that important information is passed on to the relevant member of staff
- Provide your manager and or the Directors with records or reports as required
- Provide your manager with service charge figures and or any other reports as they are requested
- Be prepared to work with current systems and create new systems for monitoring or filing documents and or information or statistics.
- To undertake any other task required to ensure that the service provider is efficient.
- On occasion, you may be required to work over your normal working hours to complete a task on a deadline.
This is normally an office-based role, but would start with Working from home as local Covid-19 guidelines are updated.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.