Deputy Support Manager
Description: Field staff are working to ensure that clients are provided with the support required, in line with their assessed needs and risk assessments. The role of the Deputy Support Manager is to ensure that Support Coordinators have the support they need to undertake their roles with the knowledge, skills and correct working practices, to provide support to the highest standard, and that Company Policy and compliance is being adhered to. This role is based both in the field (visiting our properties) and the office. The Deputy Support Manager will deputize in the absence of Head of Service Delivery.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
1. To support your team in the Field/Office to enable them to carry out their duties efficiently.
2. Get trained and be proficient in Access.
3. Assist your Support Manager in implementing the EOS model within your team.
4. To ensure compliance with CQC’s Fundamental Standards of Quality and Safety in Health and Social Care and all other government legislation and inform staff of changes where appropriate.
5. To ensure that the support coordinators and other field staff have been provided with the necessary information to support clients according to their identified needs and in a professional manner.
6. You will be expected to ensure that your team are supporting their clients according to the client’s agreed risk assessment and care plan.
7. You will ensure that your team are documenting all necessary information as instructed by you or other management.
8. You will ensure that your staff are able and confident to record and report all necessary documents.
9. Ensure that Support Coordinators are completing all documents via Access.
10. You will ensure that support coordinators follow and complete the following processes:
• Check-in everyday via Blip our attendance tracker (always be aware of their whereabouts)
• Care plans (to be completed on the day of the client move in)
• Visual Room Checks (conducted daily by support coordinators, audited weekly via Access)
• 1-month probation
11. You support your team being available in the field if they need any assistance that will support them to deal with a specific situation.
12. In the absence of the Head of Service Delivery, you will attend evictions, as required, along with Welfare & Security Manager.
13. Ensure that support coordinators provide you with evidence based goal planning.
14. Facilitate the two-week New Starter induction and training of new support staff. Schedule shadowing sessions for the new support staff and keep records, reporting back to Support Manager of your findings, comments, and recommendations, before the member of staff is assigned their clients.
15. Monitor and communicate with support staff regularly and provide constructive feedback through observations and supervisions.
16. You will be expected to implement new resources that benefit our clients (move-on options, further training).
17. In the absence of your Head of Service Delivery, you will be expected to sit on the Allocations Panel, to assist in the placement of a client, providing information that will help the panel make an appropriate decision of where to place the client.
18. Spot check (randomised visits) the work of your team and evaluate their work with their clients, giving feedback and keeping records of outcomes.
19. You will ensure that the support team are instrumental in making sure that the properties they are managing are being kept to a very high standard and report any maintenance issues that are noticed.
20. Liaise closely with the Support Manager on a regular basis, developing and implementing procedures that are designed to make the work of your team more efficient effective and person centered.
21. Undertake anything else that is relevant to your role.
22. To facilitate and attend client case reviews.
23. To ensure you will be the bridge between the support coordinators and Head of Service Delivery and only escalate issues when all other avenues have been investigated.
24. Monitor client satisfaction through evidence-based data capturing.
1. Can-do attitude
2. Good technical knowledge
3. Comfortable with managing people
4. 6-month support coordinator experience
5. NVQ Level 3 in social care required
6. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
7. Confident in dealing with difficult clients and good at conflict resolution
8. Flexible in their approach
9. Ability to confidently set boundaries
10. Ability to empathize with both staff and clients
11. Proactive and able to prioritize tasks
12. Valid driving license preferred
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.