The company provides a supported living service to single homeless adults who are vulnerable and have support needs, including accommodation.
The role of the Assessment & Referral Administrator will be to provide comprehensive administrative support to the New Client referral and Assessment department. This role is to ensure the smooth transition into our supported service.
Your primary tasks will include the overall responsibility of maintaining all administrative paperwork relating to the assessment and referral department, including completing sign-up paperwork, booking in assessments, and liaising with the maintenance and support team. An assertive but supportive approach will need to be taken when talking to our clients as homelessness is a sensitive subject to discuss. You will be making contact via telephone, text messages, emails, and letters and will need to keep track of contact with clients and referrers.
You will be supporting the Referral and Assessment Coordinator in ensuring that the Assessment department runs smoothly by maintaining good relations with different referring organisations and clients. You will be required to attend regular staff meetings, one-to-one supervision with your line manager, and attend mandatory training offered by Assisted Homes CIC
• Have good communication skills to converse with clients appropriately.
• Be organised and be able to priorities your work to meet specific deadlines
• To have a sufficient understanding of both spoken and written English language to be able to effectively record and report as well as adhere to written company policy and procedure.
• Be confident in asserting boundaries
• Have good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and 365, to be willing to learn any new systems that the company decide will make their output more efficient.
• Having the ability to balance assertive telephone mannerism with an empathic approach when communicating with clients in arrears
• To be proactive in creating systems that will improve the running of the service
• Proficient in letter writing, sending and receiving emails, and understanding the protocol and regulations set by the GDPR (Data Protection)
• Be able to set up and maintain MS team and MS Outlook calendars and be able to make appointments using the calendar invitation facility.
• Be able to work alone using your initiative and also in a team to attain joint goals
• Be willing to undertake administration tasks that are required by any of the teams and or the Directors.
• Proficient in producing factual and detailed reports.
• Have some knowledge and experience of supporting people in the community
1. To work within the Assessment and Referral team ensuring that the processes and practices followed, promote the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
2. To provide administration support to all the teams and to work with the Directors and Managers as and when requested.
3. To work closely with the Referral and Assessment Coordinator to ensure that all information regarding clients is dealt with sensitively and confidentially.
4. To ensure that all Sign-Up Paperwork is completed as requested by your Manager. Training for completing Sign Up Paperwork will be provided.
5. You will be required to send all signup paperwork’s once completed via DocuSign to the client’s email addresses. Training for DocuSign will be provided
6. To follow up on clients, post-assessments to attain valid ID and other documents requested
7. You will be responsible for contacting clients and booking them in for new client service reviews once they have been in the service for 8 weeks.
8. Maintaining the waiting/rejected list for clients and sending a follow-up email to inform referrers.
9. Develop with the Referral and Assessment Coordinator standardized letters to services and referrers detailing Assessment and Referral outcomes.
10. Assistance in collecting and collating statistic information to maintain KPI’s and Occupancy Statistics. Training for this will be given.
11. Liaise with the maintenance department to keep up to date with the status of the empty rooms and update the Assessment board with the rooms that are ready to move clients into.
12. To fill out the summary assessment sheet from the information provided on the Assessment form.
13. Write letters using current templates and create new templates as and when required.
14. Ensure that important information is passed on to the relevant member of staff
15. Provide your manager and or the Directors with records or reports as required
16. Be prepared to work with current systems and create new systems for monitoring or filing documents and or information or statistics.
17. To undertake any other task required to ensure that the service provider is efficient.
18. On rare occasion, you may be required to work over your normal working hours to complete a task on a deadline.
Please call us to confirm interest in this role after applying online via charity jobs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.