The role offers an opportunity to use your administrative skills to assist with our work on policy development, programme delivery, and membership support. You will provide efficient, flexible, and proactive support to the CEO and wider team and will respond to enquiries from colleagues, members, and partners promptly and politely. This is a great opportunity to work collaboratively in a varied and central role within an organisation and sector focusing on an important area.
You will be an enthusiastic and ambitious person with extensive experience in providing administrative, diary and office management support, as well as project administration. You will have a strong work ethic, be passionate about the work you are doing, and willing to challenge yourself. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where the work is varied and, often, time-sensitive so you’ll need to be flexible, responsive, and have a proactive approach to problem-solving with excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet the demands of the role.
You will be the first point of contact for people who need assistance, internally and externally, and will support the team with administrative tasks such as assisting with the organisation of meetings/events, coordinating a variety of project work, diary and database management, and thorough minute/notetaking in meetings.
As a growing team, we are constantly adapting the way we work so we are looking for someone who likes to take their own initiative, is innovative and can think creatively, and can implement new ideas to improve our structures and systems.
- General administrative support e.g. diary management, organise meetings, set up webinars and Eventbrite pages etc.
- Undertake preparation for meetings, take minutes and notes, and handle on post-meeting/event tasks e.g. pre-meet briefings, compiling and sharing papers, formatting documents, sharing recordings
- Manage all databases and ensure records are kept up to date e.g. members’ details, website user information, mailing lists
- Liaise with internal and external colleagues; respond to all enquiries and correspondence and provide support as necessary in a timely manner
- Keep the website updated as necessary and in line with branding guidelines
- Knowledge of and experience in working in the voluntary and community sector; passionate about mental health policy and delivery
- Proven extensive administrative and project coordination experience (minimum 3 years)
- Experience of using MS Office including Teams, Zoom, WordPress, and other systems as necessary
- Track record of making efficiencies within administrative process and operations; demonstrable critical thinking to supportively challenge current systems/processes
- Experience of maintaining records in a concise and clear manner
- Professional and proactive, with a strong work ethic
- Attention to detail, with strong proof-reading, written, and verbal communication experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team and with external partners
- Organised approach to work, ability to work under own initiative and meet tight deadlines
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter, clearly outlining how your experience matches the person specification and JD (no longer than one side of A4), to Dania by 9am, Monday 20 September. Interviews will take place week beginning 27 September or 4 October (TBD).
We would like the successful candidate to commence employment as soon as possible.
We welcome applications from everyone; applicants from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities are actively encouraged to apply.
We reserve the right to change the closing date without notice and, depending on capacity, may only be able to respond to those proceeding to the interview stage of the recruitment process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.