(12 month Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Cover)
London E1 (Aldgate)
£35,000 to £40,000 pa (dependent on hours) | 35 hours pw (will consider 28 hours pw)
We’re looking for someone to join us in our mission to Stop Asthma Attacks and Cure Asthma. We’re looking for a proactive team player with drive and enthusiasm to lead an efficient and effective financial processing function and keen to play an active role in a small team providing a high quality finance service. You will manage a complex and varied transaction processing environment, driving efficiencies through best use of technology and team skills. You will play a key role in leading the team through the annual audit process and will support the Head of Finance in producing annual statutory accounts.
This is an opportunity to shape how we improve our processes and the quality of our financial information, making the best use of technology to drive efficiency and add value to our stakeholders. We’re a small team in a small organisation with big ambition and offer a unique opportunity for development in your finance career. You will need to have an accounting qualification (or be near achieving one), be highly numerate with superb attention to detail. You will have experience of hands-on accounting practice in a small / medium sized organisation, supported the year end audit process and have worked with various computerised financial systems. This is a critical role, joining a key charity at an exciting stage of our growth and development.
What the role involves:
- Managing Asthma UK’s transaction processing function ensuring that finance systems and processes are robust and efficient
- Overseeing a sound control environment to ensure funding is safely stewarded, proactively making recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Leading the year-end audit process, including preparation of audit schedules, workings and completing the audit file, and being the first point of contact for the external audit team
- Supporting the Head of Finance in ensuring the effective use of the finance system and related processes and accounting structures, pro-actively identifying ways to optimise these
You will need to:
- Possess good technical accounting skills, supported by an accounting qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Be a confident self-starter with good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Have good communication and relationship building skills
- Be confident in carrying out complex reconciliations
- Have hands-on experience of working with various accounting software packages (preferably Sun accounts)
- Be computer literate with strong Excel and word processing skills
- Be able to successfully prioritise a varied workload and manage to deadlines
- Be an excellent team player and support colleagues in a small and busy finance team
This is a great place to work!
At around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you have a talent and passion for service excellence and the ability to lead and inspire a motivated team, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply button now!
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 29 July 2019.
Interviews: 01 August 2019.