Are you a proactive, creative self-starter looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong track record of managing social media channels to grow online communities, reach and engagement? Do you have in-depth knowledge of using analytics tools to better understand and improve social media activity? Can you craft dynamic and engaging social media content that achieves essential cut through above the noise?
We are looking for a dynamic and talented Senior Social Media Officer to join Asthma UK’s award-winning media team. There are currently 5.4million people in the UK who have asthma and it can affect every part of their lives – their health, relationships and work. Furthermore, three people die each day from the condition. In this role you would use your social media skills to engage our supporters with asthma health advice to help prevent asthma attacks and influence decision makers to improve the lives of people with asthma. You would help us to communicate our ground-breaking research and promote our fundraising activity.
We are a friendly, supportive team and in this role offer the chance for you to broaden your skillset, developing traditional PR skills such as case study interviewing, and statement and press release writing.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a strong track record of successfully managing social media channels including monitoring and moderating comments on social media posts, facilitating discussion and guiding conversation
- Can define, curate and lead an engaging social media content plan across all social channels
- Can craft dynamic and first-class social media content that achieves essential cut through above the noise, reflects communications priorities and key messages, and speaks effectively to our audience.
- Has experience analysing and reporting on social media analytics, using these measures to make recommendations to drive improvement
- Can using a range of tools including Hootsuite and Tweetdeck
- A team-player with excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to advise internal stakeholders on the most appropriate content and engagement tactics on social media
- Experience of identifying, handling and escalating potential reputational issues on social media
- A willingness to support the Media team in other communications task as necessary such as writing press releases or statements and sensitively interviewing case studies
- Is committed to making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
The successful candidate will manage a Media Officer so management experience is desirable.
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including training and development, 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply button now!
Closing date for applications: Monday 1 July 2019
First interviews: Monday 8 July 2019
Second interviews: Tuesday 16 July 2019