- Are you a superb communicator and a great listener?
- Can you quickly build a rapport with people and develop relationships?
- Do you have experience of adhering to processes that enhance good supporter care?
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working in a team and has experience of a busy supporter/ customer care environment
- Is friendly and conscientious and develops healthy working relationships with colleagues
- Is educated to degree level, or has equivalent experience
- Has sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Has a clear and engaging telephone manner and can handle complex calls effectively
- Can write clearly using excellent grammar and spelling
- Can organise themselves to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
We are committed to supplying the best possible experience to those who can benefit from our support, then translating this experience into financial support so we can continue to save lives. Our board and senior team are externally recognised for their commitment to digital innovation in achieving our mission.
What the role involves:
- Handling enquiries from supporters and the public via telephone, email and post
- Process orders for Asthma UK advice materials from people with asthma and Healthcare Professionals
- Take and process payments and donations over the telephone.
- Send thank you letters to all donors, including direct debits and ‘In Memory’ donations
- Assist teams within the Fundraising department by, for example, sending supporter emails to event attendees and phoning current fundraisers.
This is a great place to work
At around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply button now.
Closing date for applications: 8am on Friday 16 August 2019
First interviews: Wednesday 21 August 2019
Second interviews: Wednesday 28 August 2019
Please ensure you are available for interview on these dates.