Team Administrator (Fundraising)
£23-25,000 per annum
London E1 (Aldgate)
35 hours per week
- Are you a highly organised individual and a quick learner?
- Can you quickly build a rapport with people and enjoy supporting fantastic fundraisers?
- Do you have experience of working in a busy and exciting environment?
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working in a team and has experience of a busy supporter/ customer care environment
- Is friendly and conscientious and develops healthy working relationships with colleagues
- Has sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Has a clear and engaging telephone manner and can handle complex calls effectively
- Can write clearly using excellent grammar and spelling
- Can organise themselves to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference, namely stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the role for you.
We are committed to supplying the best possible experience to those who can benefit from our support, then translating this experience into financial support so we can continue to save lives. Our board and senior team are externally recognised for their commitment to digital innovation in achieving our mission.
What the role involves:
- Handling enquiries from supporters and the public via telephone, email and post
- Provide general and specific administrative and ad-hoc project support to the Director and Heads of Department
- Undertake full coordination for the budget and planning process for the Fundraising Team
- Assist teams within the Fundraising department by, for example, sending supporter emails to event attendees and phoning current fundraisers.
- Take an active part in team meetings, playing a key role in improving how we work.
This is a great place to work
At c.80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website by clicking on the link.
The closing date for applications is 8am on 2nd September.
First interviews will be held on 11th September and second interviews on 18th September.
Please ensure you are available for interview on these dates.