We are currently seeking Volunteer Charity Shop Retail Assistants to join our team to help with the day to day tasks. The shop raises funds to support the children’s and young people’s work that Aston-Mansfield does.
We're looking for individuals who can commit their time once or twice a week for at least 6 months. If you are successful, you will be inducted into the role and the basic principles of volunteering in a charity shop explained. We will reimburse agreed upon out-of-pocket expenses.
Reporting to: Shop Manager
Location: 55 Woodgrange Rd, E7 0EL
Hours: The shop is open Monday – Saturday 9am – 6pm. We would therefore like volunteers to ideally work morning or afternoons, one to two shifts per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcoming all customers to the charity shop
- Sorting and pricing stock
- Managing the till and acting as a representative for the organisation
- Window dressing and curating outfits for mannequins
- Handling telephone calls and taking messages as appropriate
- Acting upon all requests in an efficient and friendly manner
- Aston-Mansfield will reimburse agreed expenses (bus fares, etc) on production of receipts paid for travelling to volunteer with us, so that you are not out of pocket. Travel expenses will be paid on a mileage basis for all authorised journeys undertaken.
- Lunch expenses will be reimbursed if volunteering over the lunchtime period.
- An interest in the Charity Shop and an enthusiasm for raising money for Aston-Mansfield’s continued work
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Able to provide friendly, high quality service to our customers
- A flexible approach
- Basic numeracy
- Good timekeeping
- A willingness to undertake training for the role