The successful candidateswill support the successful delivery of our various youth projects, such as Youth4Youth, a leadership development scheme for young people from around Newham. The Youth4youth programme brings diverse youth from across the Borough who may not ordinarily meet or befriend one another for a series of team building and skills development sessions. As part of their journey toward becoming an agent of change in their community, young people plan and deliver events and campaigns, growing their confidence, experience and networks. The role of the Young Facilitator will be to support young people through the training, learning and delivery of their social action projects.
The role is primarily home based and will require some evening and weekend work.
- To support the growth and development of Aston-Mansfield’s numerous youth projects and to act as a representative of Aston-Mansfield at appropriate forums and events and build relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Promote, encourage and sustain youth participation within Aston Mansfield by supporting small cohorts of participants.
- Facilitating and hosting socials, meetings and recruiting young people to get involved in our youth programmes.
- To support the Project Coordinator to ensure that all activities and outcomes are planned, prepared and implemented, in consultation with young people and staff
- To support the implementation of the outreach model to recruit numbers of young people on to our various projects.
- To be the main point of contact with a cohort of young people and feeding back regularly to colleagues and line manager.
- Help to raise the profile of Aston-Mansfield’s work with young people through social media channels, blogs and case studies.
- To build rapport and maintain engagement with young people through regular meetings, learning days and socials.
- To help prepare and deliver various youth engagement projects.
- To support the planning, administration and delivery of youth led projects and events.
- To gather and share learning and information with staff, young people and external organisations.
- To attend team meetings and participate in learning days.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.