We recognise that with great ambition comes the need for great people and, as our ambition has grown, so has our scope of operations. Foundations Independent Living Trust is now in need of an experienced Operations Manager to help ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation. This is a varied role for a highly versatile person who can thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment where flexibility and a can-do attitude are prized. The role is in direct support of the Director and will be crucial in ensuring Foundations Independent Living Trust reaches the next level of operational excellence as it grows.
We’re looking for someone with experience across a broad range of areas and, more importantly, someone with a willingness to take ownership, adapt and grow. The successful candidate will be sharp, detail-oriented, personable and resourceful, contributing to financial and operational management across functions. The role will consist of a mix of day-to-day activities and longer-term project work.
ABOUT FOUNDATIONS INDEPENDENT LIVING TRUST
Foundations Independent Living Trust is the charitable arm of Foundations, the national body for Home Improvement Agencies (HIAs). It was founded in 2001 to support HIAs to better support their clients. Since then we have been learning by doing: backing pioneering projects at an early stage that are rethinking how we support people to remain living in their own homes: warm, safe and secure.
We also distribute funds to agencies – helping them to carry out essential repairs and improvements. These grants help thousands of people, right across the UK.
About 40% of your time will be spent making sure general operations run as seamlessly as possible. You’ll be responsible for much of the day-to-day operational activity, including, for example, oversight of our grant programmes, supporting our trustees, facilitating board meetings and other governance issues. As with finances, you’ll have an eye on continuous improvement, leading initiatives that ensure internal systems, such as our grant database, are helping the team work as effectively as possible.
Another 30% of your time will be spent keeping our finances in shape. You’ll be responsible for most of the day-to-day financial management (payment processing, budget reconciliations, forecasts, producing reports, benchmarks and analysis etc.), working alongside our accountant. You’ll also work closely with the team to identify how we can improve our financial systems and processes, and then lead on implementation.
The final 30% of the role will see you provide crucial support for pilot projects. This includes, but isn’t limited to, improving our knowledge management, support to the marketing team on spreading the emerging best practice, to supporting the Regional Support team on recruiting new agencies and supporting the Director on the annual report.
As with most roles at Foundations, other duties may reasonably be allocated by the Director or Board from time to time.
- Director of Foundations
- Grant Administrator
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a similar position, possibly in the housing or welfare sector, or in an organisation at a comparable stage of growth
- Understanding of budgeting and finance; facility with numbers
- Experience in working with and/or managing grants
- Basic understanding of governance and legal concepts
- Ideally been part of or overseen an audit process
- Knowledge of process mapping and continuous improvement
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- You’re collaborative, methodical, organised, efficient and effective
- You care about the details and know-how to prioritise your work
- You’re mature and confident and don’t need to be told what to do next
- You can fluidly move from one area of work to another, and if you don’t know how to do something you’ll ask or find out
- You have high levels of digital literacy and are open to new ways of working
- You’re a good communicator who can effectively engage colleagues You care about team dynamics and have a sense of humour (particularly if its annual report season).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.