How to apply
Head of Trust Finance – Astrea Academy Trust
Salary Range: Competitive
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Astrea Academy Trust, South Yorkshire (Sheffield)
Start Date: July/August 2019
Astrea Academy Trust is a family of 27 schools with a proven 100% track record of school improvement. In Spring 2019, four Ofsted reports in quick succession brought all evaluated schools out of special measures (as they’d been when joining the Trust), with two going straight to a Good rating.
Our logo communicates our core values of collaboration, development and aspiration. The three figures come together in the shape of a tree, representing growth, whilst the tallest figure reaches upwards, towards a star, which is above and beyond the highest branch of the tree.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Trust Finance to join Astrea Academy Trust to lead a team in all aspects of Trust finance, working in close co-operation with the Executive Director of Finance to ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the Trust’s financial decision making.
This is a permanent position with a competitive annual salary. This position requires the post-holder to commit to 37.5 hours per week throughout the whole academic year.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
· Being accountable for the overall performance of the Trust’s finance function, including line management as identified
· Conducting effective financial management across the Central Team and Academies Finance Team as required
· Setting budgets in year forecasting and monitoring the Central Income and Expenditure Statement, Trust Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
· Being responsible for the Trust’s treasury function
· Being responsible for the FinOps function
· Take leading role in submission of finance information from the Trust into ESFA and other regulatory bodies
We are looking for candidates who can display the following skills and experience:
· A strong track record of leading a large team of financial professionals
· Experience of negotiating contractual agreements
· Ability to demonstrate a business focus and commercially minded approach to managing a public-sector finance function
· Experience being a commercially astute, articulate and influential leader with the ability to operate and both strategic and operational levels
· Experienced in translating visionary/innovative concepts into a practical implementation plan
· Experience of dealing with key external regulatory bodies and stakeholders
What we can offer:
Astrea Academy Trust has a range of exciting benefits that are accessible to central team employees. These include:
· Flexible working arrangements (at discretion of Line Manager)
· Annual leave entitlement (28 days per annum exc. Bank Holiday)
· Local Government Pension Scheme
Interested in applying?
If you’re interested in applying, please ensure that you have reviewed the Recruitment Pack below to see the full details of the role and necessary skills and experience required to fulfil its duties.
Please note: CVs will not be accepted in co-ordination with Safer Recruitment legislation.
Postal applications may arrive after the closing date and may not be accepted.
Closing Date: 7th August 2019 Interview Date: 14th August 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Astrea Academy Trust are also proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please also return the Equal Opportunities Form below alongside your application.
Unfortunately, due to volume to candidates we receive we are unable to offer any individual feedback at the application stage. Should you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please deem your application as unsuccessful.