Job Title: Communications and Engagement Manager (Interim - 6 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: £31 - 35K pro rata
Hours: Part-time, 25 hours per week, open to flexible working.
Location: Home-based (sites in South Wales, South Gloucestershire, Buckinghamshire and Haringey)
We are working in partnership with ategi, an established charity currently undergoing a period of organisational transformation. Ategi supports people to live their lives, providing services that are specific for the needs of the individual. The organisation strives to ensure that the support and care delivered is of a high quality and meets the needs of the people they support across their three streams of work; Shared Lives, Supported Living and Visiting Support.
The charity is now seeking to appoint an experienced a Communications and Engagement Manager, on an interim basis. The postholder will play a key role in strengthening the organisation’s communications and marketing activities, ensuring more of its audiences and stakeholders engage with it than ever before. Working closely with and reporting to the Head of Business Development, the postholder will develop organisation-wide communications and marketing materials and increase its digital presence, including overseeing the development of a new website, creating fresh new content for all digital channels and shaping ategi’s presence on social media.
The successful individual will demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, marketing and/or PR
- Excellent writing and content development skills, including producing and editing online video content
- Experience of developing high quality communications materials with a strong knowledge of the latest platforms, tools, trends and developments
- Experienced managing websites using CMS systems like Wordpress, social media and integrated marketing platforms and scheduling tools like Mailchimp and Hootsuite
- Experienced managing external agencies
- Experience of managing GDPR compliance
- Experience or interest in funding and bid development
We are seeking a proactive, and creative self-starter, with a passion for written and visual storytelling. The collaborative individual will have the ability to quickly identify areas to make improvements, work to deadlines and show commitment to the purpose and values of the organisation.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, Supporting Statement and Equal Opportunities and Diversity Monitoring Form to Adam Stacey, Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, quoting our reference JO2832.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Closing date for applications: 10 May 2021
Interviews with Charisma: no later than 13 May 2021
Interviews with Charity: w/c 17 May 2021