The Atlantic Institute was established in 2016 with the support of The Atlantic Philanthropies, and in collaboration with the Rhodes Trust, Oxford (UK).
At the Atlantic Institute we are committed to building a lifelong community of courageous changemakers who together will accelerate the eradication of inequity and injustice resulting in fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. Our Fellows and Staff are accomplished leaders working in diverse settings and contexts, who together think, learn, incubate and implement strategies for greater impact. The diversity of our fellows is unprecedented and we are committed to the radical inclusion of these leaders as agents of change in communities most impacted by social, economic, racial and health inequities. We provide them with the networks, architecture and resources to connect, learn and act to address the underlying systemic causes of inequity.
In the current global environment of a pandemic, the courageous work to eradicate inequities is more urgently needed than ever. To support, deepen and sustain our community’s impact at this critical juncture, we have therefore created several new permanent roles, including:
- Associate Executive Director (Community, Programming and Impact)
- Augmented and Virtual Realities Lead
- Program and Impact Lead (Innovation and Special Projects)
- Learning and Evaluation Lead
- Data Insight Analyst.
Data Insight Analyst
We are seeking an experienced Data specialist who will be responsible for the capture, analysis and presentation (including info-graphics) of community-wide data to inform decision-making, responsive program development and impactful reporting to stakeholders.
Reporting to the Associate Executive Director of Operations and Organisational Development, you will manage the development and implementation of the Institute’s data strategy, transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports and ensuring the Institute’s data management processes exceed regulatory compliance, are demonstrably ethical, and most effectively serve the Atlantic Community’s vision and mission.
Consistent with all roles at the Institute, it is essential that you demonstrate a critical understanding of the diverse root causes of inequities and show a commitment (in thinking and in action) to fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. In addition, you will have the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in a discipline with a substantial quantitative analytical component (e.g. statistics, economics, management science/operations research, finance or data analytics, social research methods) and relevant experience working as an analyst.
- Demonstrable expertise in deploying a range of software packages especially (and not limited to) MS Excel, and other analytical packages such as R, Python and SQL to manipulate and analyse data.
- Ability to listen deeply and communicate well with colleagues, with an expertise in explaining complex information to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to tell a story with data using data visualisation skills (Power BI / Tableau / Qlikview / QlikSense).
- Familiarity with CRMs, with Salesforce experience desirable.
Terms of appointment
Subject to a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months, this is a permanent role.
To find out more on the role and how to apply, please view the attached job description.
Please submit your application to us by 12:00 (BST) on Friday 24th July 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.